Wednesday 11 January 2012

Chip off the ol' block ....

... good morning all!  The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays - CFC34 is to make a clean and simple card using some chipboard.  The team have a special incentive for the first challenge of each month - the opportunity to win a Guest Spot with the Girl Fridays for February!!! Now that's what I call a prize!!!


I got some chipboard letters and numbers free with a craft magazine this week - serendipity!!!  The first thing to do was decide what word to make from the letters and I picked LOVE!!  The free letters are nice thick chipboard, but I wasn't too keen on the colours or patterns, so I covered mine with deep burgundy textured paper and coloured the edges of the letters with a Promarker.  I cut a lacey square out of the same burgundy paper, attached a square of designer paper on top and attached the lot to the card base.  I spent a little while deciding on the arrangement of the letters, and decided on this simple layout.  Keeping my fingers crossed :)


Spellbinders:  Lacey Squares (S4-295) #5, Standard Squares Lg (S4-126) #7
Accessories:  Promarker - Burgundy; Papermania - Love Colossal Paper Pack; Chipboard letters free from magazine; Burgundy textured paper and card from stash

Kathryn has been invited to a birthday party this weekend, so today I'm going shopping for a present for her friend.  I asked Kathryn to find out what Katherine (yes, same name, different spelling) would like - and the request is for a Monster High Doll!!  Have you seen these dolls?  I'm sure that when I was little monsters were supposed to be scary!!  See you soon!

11 comments:

Pauline said...

What a fab card Deborah, serendipity indeed!

Jackie said...

A beautiful card, love the colours :o)
Jackie xx

Jenny said...

Fabulously CAS card, love that you changed the colour and texture of the chipboard… must remember that idea :)
Jenny x

Paula (PEP) said...

Brilliant customization of your chipboard. As for the dolls - think I'm a bit out of touch there.......... er..um...think I'll stick to pencils & inks.
All the best with your quest.
Paula (PEP)

Shobana said...

Cute! Lucky you to get free crafty stuff! :P
Tks for stopping by! Appreciate it! :)

Tara Cardwell said...

I "love" what you've done with covering the letters ;-)
Fab card.
Tara
x

Buffy said...

Simply stunning Debs. Love those letters!!
Don't you just love those Monster High dolls....they are so cool!
Hugs
Buffy xx

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun card Deb! The letters look fab and that lacey frame is beautiful!

Vicky Hayes said...

I do like this Deborah! The chipboard letters look great against the heart print DP.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Wonderful textures and layout. Gotta love free stuff. ;) Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Jen W. said...

Love that Lacey square. It frames that sweet piece of patterned paper perfectly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...