Friday 20 January 2012

OLW - Odd bods .....

...  yesterday I showed you one of the cards that I've made for my nephew's birthday.  Today, I'm sharing the other one, which will be going to Gareth from his Nanna (my Mum).  I've used the colours from this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC115, lovely natural, earthy colours and, as it's a guy's card, I'm also submitting it to  the One Layer Wednesday - OLW75 where Susan would like us to make a card for "those odd humans with an aversion to flowers and a fondness for tractors and beer".  Yes, she does mean guys!!


I started off by stamping the square border, the cowboy and the sentiment.  I then masked off the central area and stamped the patterned borders to resemble a cowboy blanket.  I added a couple of accents in the corners of the square.    The colours are perfect for the cowboy theme.  Both this card and the collage one will be in the post tomorrow.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Way Out West, Back in the Saddle, Frame-It
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Sahara Sand, Early Espresso; Distress - Peeled Paint; Memento - London Fog
Accessories:  Card from stash

When Kathryn got home from school yesterday, the first thing she saw in the kitchen was my lovely new teal handbag.  Well, it is hard to miss!!  She picked it up and said "Mine, mine, mine!!!"  and when I said "No, mine!" - she wasn't a happy girl - and when she saw my nails - well, let's just say that the green-eyed monster arrived!!!  Kath absolutely loves teal and she has beautiful nails (I didn't when I was her age) and she desperately wants to have them painted teal!!!  Perhaps this weekend I'll do her nails!!

Before I go I must say Hi and Welcome to a new follower - Loli Juan - really pleased to have you join me.  That's all for now.  Off to do some tidying!!  Yes, I know - I must be feeling unwell :)))))  See you soon.

16 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

perfect masculine card :-)

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah...those Waltzing Mouse stamps are lovely


Anne

Kim S said...

I love your "blanket" - a perfect frame for the image!

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, Great card - love the neutral colors and especially that background that you stamped perfectly! Your nephew is sure to like this one! GO you! A new handbag and pretty nails!

Paula (PEP) said...

I just love your blanket effect & the subtle colours with the striking image. I like teal too - teal, orange & purple are just something else!!
Paula (PEP)

Jenny said...

That's some nifty stamping Deborah...I love the blanket bkgd :)
Jenny x

Pauline said...

Wonderful card. Loved how you masked off the center. Gives me lots of ideas to steal from you . Thanks Pauline

Pauline said...

This is fabulous, I do like the fabric border stamp, and it looks great in these subtle shades.

Jackie said...

Great blanket idea, brilliant card :o)
Jackie xx

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great masculine card!!! I'm hoping to play in OLW this week!!!

Love the frame with the sentiment!
Maria

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a great design and I only realised it was a one layer card after reading your description! One of the great pleasures of having a daughter is getting to do their nails and hair for them! Have fun with Kathryn!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Deb, teal nails must look really fun! I think my 13 YO would love it, too. She's really into having different colors on her nails.

I like how you used our challenge colors this week. It's a great Western theme!

So glad you could play with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

Susan said...

Deborah, this is a fabulous guy card! I have so much trouble with them...maybe it's because I have more flower stamps than anything else? I need to get a horse stamp or something...this is definitely a fabulous guy card!

Ruby said...

That looks like the set on my wish list Debs, love how you've used it and those nails sound great! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

What a great, guy card, Deb! LOVE that stampy background! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Susan Raihala said...

OMGOSH, Deb! That blanket background is totally perfect for the card!!! LOVE how you filled the space but kept the focal point nice and strong...that takes talent to pull of in such a balanced way!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...