Sunday 8 January 2012

CR84FN45 - Happy Birthday ...

.... it's week two of CR84FN45 - with our bright, vibrant colours of medium blue, orange and yellow.  I've really enjoyed seeing the lovely creations in the gallery - and you still have a week to play.


This week I've made a birthday card for my niece, Anne (yesterday I showed you the one that Mum will be sending).  My inspiration for the card is the photo with the marigold strings - I like this effect.  On the card I stamped the sentiment in orange and yellow - forming strings of sentiments.  In my stash I found this sweet bird image, and I liked the ornate border.  It reminded me of the gorgeous designs and gems from India.  To make the topper, I stamped the image three times.  I cut out the bottom layer with a small circle nestie, added a touch of yellow to the edge of the image and coloured the blue part of the border.  In the next image I coloured the triangle and dot and the thin blue line - then I carefully cut the image out.   I used a punch to cut out the inner circle containing the bird, which I coloured with Promarkers and used shimmer chalk on the leaves.  I attached the topper to a pretty mat made from holographic blue card.  Finally, I added some bling.


Stamps:  Hobby Art - Happy Birthday; Bird - stamp free with craft magazine
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress - Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade
Spellbinders:  Heart Circles (S4-316) #3, Standard Circle Sm (S4-116) #4
Promarkers:  Sunflower, Mandarin, Cobalt Blue, Powder Blue
Accessories:  Shimmer Chalk; Gems and card from stash

For more ideas on using these colours, check out the DT blogs:


That's all for now - we off to the shops this today for some retail therapy!! 


19 comments:

Jackie said...

A lovely colourful card, just what we need to see on these dull grey mornings :o)
Jackie xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Wow....lovely card Deborah! I really love these bright colours and the background you created is perfect!

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Deb, love the sweet bird image and your wonderful layering.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely bright card Deborah full of sunshine....


Anne

Suzanne C said...

Happy card! The colors make it so cheery!

Kim S said...

Your card is so bright and cheerful. (And I so love the photos you contributed to the challenge!)

Paula (PEP) said...

The medallion design is a beauty with those colours & I love how you made that background with the sentiment. Your gems really highlight the central portion beautifully.
Paula (PEP)

Tara Cardwell said...

Fabulous card - love the stamped background.
Tara

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute Birthday card Deb! That little blue bird is darling!

Unknown said...

Such a happy card, Deb! LOVE the sweet birdie, too!

Lisa Elton said...

Pure happiness going on here Deborah! Very cute ;)

Sue Lelli said...

Your niece must LOVE this card with the bold birthday background and that SWEET birdie! LOVE the heart nestie, too!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a really fabulous design Deborah! I love the background you've stamped - isn't it amazing where an inspiration picture can take us?! The bird is a real cutie too!

Stella said...

So bright and happy but above that; jaw dropping gorgeous! It made me think of oriental patterns ( you mentioned India and I can see a bit of India in it; wow!)
Spot on the colors and the background is amazing!
Hugs!
XX

Jenny said...

Wow such vibrant colours Deborah and a fun card too :0
I've just cottoned on to the fact that they are you photos in the inspiration...it was the strings of marigolds I remember from your trip :)
Jenny x

Helen Berry said...

Hiya Deb, I absolutely love your little birdie Birthday card - so sweet!! I love all the bling and the way you stamped the pretty background too xxx

Cyndie said...

Gosh, Deb--I absolutely love this card! Even more (if possible) than your original one for this challenge! The sentiment background is perfect and I adore the way you colored in the die cut and birdie!

Shannon White said...

Goodness Miss Deb! This is So Darling! I love yrou sweet little blue bird and the Fab bg you chose too! Just a perfect way to show of these Vibrant Cheery colors! Just Love it! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

igła i nitka said...

You had a really nice idea fot his card! I like especially this mandal shape in the middle of it:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...