Sunday 29 January 2012

CR84FN47 - Happy Birthday ....

... I find it hard to believe that it's almost the end of January - where has the month gone to!!  And it's time for our new colour challenge at CR84FN - we have some really pretty colours for you to play with - pink, red and light blue!


Heather found this lovely combination of colours; the pictures are courtesy of Magnolia Rouge.  I've spent a very happy half hour looking at their gorgeous blog!!

I used our colours to make a birthday card for Ben's grandmother, Marilyn, who celebrated her 75th birthday last Friday.  I didn't want to include any specific numbers, but I did want to make a special card for her.


I stamped the flower in each colour three times, and heat embossed them all with clear powder.  I fussy cut the inner flower three times, and then used a circular punch for the centres.  I like the shape of Labels Fourteen and cut three labels; on the largest I sponged red ink, on the next I stamped the polka dot frame from WMS and on the smallest label I stamp the fancy flourish frame (which you can just about see) in clear and then sponged on light pink ink and finished off by stamping the sentiment in red.  I added a pale blue ribbon to the card base, arranged the flowers and labels and then finished off with some jewelled flourishes.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Triple Treat Flower; Waltzingmouse - Frame-It, Holiday Labels No Fourteen
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue
Spellbinders:  Labels Fourteen (S4-290) # 3, 4 and 5
Accessories:  Jewelled flourish; Clear embossing powder, ribbon and card from stash

I took a couple of close up photos of the flowers - it's really pretty and so easy to cut out.  You can see the lovely gloss from the heat embossing and if you look really closely you can see the fancy flourish on the pink label!

We are pleased to welcome Monika as our Guest Designer for CR84FN47 and 48.  Monika makes the most wonderful embroidery projects and she has a quite unique take on our challenges.  Check out the CR84FN blog to see the inspiration projects from the team, or click on the links:  MonaSueHeatherAndreaStephanieSuzanneLisa and Monika our Guest Designer.

That's all for today - Kathryn and I are off to hunt for the very elusive Monster High dolls - they seem to be selling out quite quickly around here!!  And later today I hope to get to play in my craft room.  See you soon.

29 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is lovely, I love the soft colors against the white!
Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello! : )

igła i nitka said...

This is such a nice card! Especially these 3D flowers are so cute:) PS. Thank you very much for warm welcome:)

Jackie said...

Very special indded, it's beautiful :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous, I love this colour palette, and these flowers and layered labels are stunning together!

Stamps and Paper said...

A very pretty card and lovely colours...

Anne

M said...

This is really lovely. M x

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous card Deborah! Love all the pretty layers!

Kim S said...

I love the layers of th sentiment and the beautiful bouquets of flowers...how lovely to use different aspects of the same flower.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card! Lovely design and flowers! Love the addition of the flourishes!

Sasha said...

Super card...I love all the layers and pretty pastel pinks and blues:)

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightful the way you've layered those flowers & the flourishes are just super. The texture of the ribbon adds yet more dimension & this does look rather special - particularly for an older person.
Paula (PEP)
Hope the Monster High hunt is successful.

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Deborah - this is just beautiful! I love the pretty flowers and the flourish of gems! SO pretty!!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Deborah!

Heidi said...

Oh Deborah this is a gorgeous card! I love this color combination and you really made it stunning with those gorgeous bouquets of flowers and details.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the fancy flourish on the pink label and really LOVE how you stacked the different sizes of labels! Those flowers are FAB and I am a BIG fan of clear heat embossing. That little bit of shine is a Great detail! Super card for a Super milestone birthday!

Marybeth said...

Wow! This is a stunning card, just beautiful. Love the flowers!

Helen Berry said...

Oh so pretty Deborah! Those flowers are really cute & I love the way you added so much dimension to them. The colours are beautiful aren't they. Love the way you layered those gorgeous labels too x

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Very, very pretty Deborah! The flowers are wonderful and you can never go wrong with those colors can you?
Hugs, Karin

Stella said...

What can I say? Is it enough when I tell you that I love this?
XX

Jenny said...

Such a pretty way to use the colours Deborah, I love the patterned flowers around the sentiment :)
Jenny x

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Deb! Those flowers are beautiful and love the layered WM label!

Jen W. said...

Those flower stamps are gorgeous especially in those colours!

Tara Cardwell said...

those stampin up flowers pair perfectly with the WM frames deborah - particularly in those gorgeous pastel shades. Fab-u-lous!
Tara x

Vicky Hayes said...

Those soft colours are absolutely gorgeous Deborah and I love what you've done with the flower!

Debbie said...

Love your card with all those wonderful flowers, so pretty.

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Deb! Love all the fussy cut flower detail!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers is this Ever Beautiful Miss Deb! Love the Pretty Pretty flowers and layered labels! I'm loving the Bling too! So Pretty! just a Wonderful Birthday card! Ben's Grandmother is just going to Love this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Andrea M said...

Hi Deb! What a BEAUTIFUL card girl! Gorgeous gem flourishes! Well done!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card, love all the added blossoms!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...