Friday 27 January 2012

Big hugs ....

.... That's what I'm sending to my friend Kathy - she's not been feeling very well lately, so I want to send her my best wishes and a virtual hug.  I've made Kathy's card with three challenges in mind:




I think the inspiration photo is just gorgeous and my initial thoughts included a tree with golden leaves, but it just wouldn't come together properly.  And today, after I saw my friend's note about feeling poorly, I decided to make a card for her - not a specific get well card, but one to let her know that I'm sending hugs and good wishes.  I was going to over stamp the long text panel with a message, but decided to keep things simple and put the sentiment in the heart.  My heart has two forms of embossing - dry via the Spellbinder dies and heat on the sentiment.  I'll be posting this to Kathy in the morning.


Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - En Francais; Waltzingmouse - Sweethearts
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Peach Parfait, Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz
Spellbinders: Scalloped Hearts (S4-137), Hearts (S4-136)
Accessories:  Martha Stewart - border punch, card and embossing powder

It's been a really good day.  I set up the ironing board in front of the TV and got it all done while catching up with some episodes of Criminal Minds!  It really does make things go much quicker.  At lunch time I saw the last ¾ hour of the Murray v Djokovic semi-final at the Australian Open.  From what I saw it was fantastic - at one point I thought it was all over for Andy, then he came back and almost made it.  He really pushed Djokovic all the way.  Jonathan is still feeling quite jet-lagged - it'll take a while before he's back on UK time. Now I'm going to try and find a channel showing the European Ice Skating championships - it's proving really difficult.  The championships are being held in Sheffield!!!  I would love to have been able to go.  That's all for now.  See you tomorrow.


16 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful card!! Love these colors together - glad you were inspired to share! Thanks for joining in at FYI!

Heather Rogers said...

So sweet of you Deborah. I am sure she will love and appreciate it. :)
Hugs~

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful card Deb! Hope your friend feels better :)

Julia Aston said...

So pretty Deborah! love the colors and lovely punched edge - I'm sure this will cheer your friend!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, the colours go so well together :o)
Jackie xx

Michelle said...

Deborah, your friend is sure to feel much better after receiving such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at FYI again, it is always a pleasure to see your creations. :-)

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card Deborah! I love the embossed detail on the heart, and the soft background you created!

Sasha said...

Such a bright and cheerful card, Deborah. Perfect colours to cheer your friend:)

StephC said...

Beautifully done! Love everything about it. So glad you joined us at FYI!

Jenny said...

This is just what your friend needs Deborah :)
Beautiful card and I love how you've used the colours :)
Jenny x

Mynn xx said...

Oh, I LOVE that scripty panel with the edge--so pretty! :) LOVE your take on the inspiration photo, Deb! :) Your friend will LOVE it.

Paula (PEP) said...

I like thew ay you interpreted the sketch substituting with your layered heart. The photo is quite amazing with those colours & I like your soft interpretation - apt for someone feeling under the weather.
Paula (PEP)

Sara Mac said...

This is a great card Deb. I'm sure your friend will love it. Thanks for joining us once again at FYI. Love to see your creations.

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, this card is definitely one BIG hug! So Pretty! Sure to make your friend feel better!

Penny said...

Thanks for cooking it up with Katie this week.

dstandard said...

Lovely card - Thanks for playing this week at FYI!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...