Tuesday 17 January 2012

WMS Blog Party .....

.... it's the 17th January and that means it time for the WMS Waltz!!  But it's changed a bit - and now it's the WMS Blog Party - it's still on the 17th of each month, but now you can link up your projects to Inlinkz on the WMS Blog!  The theme this month is "Sweet Things".
I've made a card for a very special "sweet thing" - my darling husband, who is in the US at the moment and won't get it until he comes home - next week!!!! Yea!!  Jonathan is not only my husband, he's my soul mate, best friend and king of my heart!!  I know, too much slush!  But it did give me the idea for my card - the papers helped too!  I was going to use the union flag paper as the bottom layer of the card, but it was too small (the card is 8" × 8"), so I made a coordinating sheet using the largest of the gingham stamps, then stitched the two together.  The message "sweets for my sweet" is framed by the largest ornate square, lovely decorated heart and topped by a gold crown!!  It's not quite a Valentine - more a "so pleased to have you home" card!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Gingham & Co, Sweethearts, Seasons of Love; Abi's Craft - Cupcake Sampler free with craft magazine
Inks: Versamark; Distress - Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky; Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Spellbinders:  Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) #4, Scalloped Hearts (S4-137) #5, Classic Ovals Sm (S4-112) #3
Accessories:  Papermania - Portobello Road 6" × 6" Papers; Clear embossing powder and card from stash

Here's a close up of the sentiment - you can see the subtle patterns in the papers too!

Jonathan just loves music and he'll get the reference in the sentiment really quickly - here's The Drifters singing Sweets for my Sweet!



I was on a roll last night and I made another card for this Blog Party - this time I got inspiration from the current Case Study challenge - CSC#73, where the muse for January is Jen Rzasa and I used bright colours and a sweet butterfly for Flutter by Wednesdays - FBW185.


I really like this card by Jen, and I've kept to the layout.  I simply changed the backing papers, the sentiment and the shape of the die cuts.  I'm not sure who this is for!  Although I may send it to another of my personal "sweet things" - my darling son Ben!  :)  I have added a touch of distress ink to the edges of the card and the top - like a vignette to focus the attention to the centre of the card.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Sweetheart
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Distress - Antique Linen
Spellbinders:  Classic Hearts (S4-136) # 3
Accessories:  Kate Knight - Totally Tropical 6" × 6" papers free with Cardmaking & Papercraft; Card from stash

That's all for now - I've had lots of fun with this theme and am looking forward to see all the other sweet creations!  See you soon.

42 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow Deborah! These are both fabulous!! I LOVE your Union Jack card, it's absolutely fabulous!! Love the fancy frame, and the little crown, it's gorgeous with the sweet WMS heart. Happy partying!

Tara Cardwell said...

Both are brilliant Deb but the flag one is knockout! I bought those papers on Sunday but haven't even opened them yet but now I'm excited at how lovely they are. Teaming them with the gingham background is pure perfection. Just love it!
Tara
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely cards but love the flag one is my favourite....

Anne

Mistys Mum said...

Deborah
I love the heart & butterfly cards they are beautiful.

Also popped in to say "congratulations" on winning over it LIM.

Well done.

Helen Berry said...

Oh wow Deb, you were definitely on a roll - these are absolutely Fab!! The Union Jack card is just brilliant - especially the crown on top of the heart - I really like that!! The second card is very sophisticated - just lovely xx

Ros said...

What fab cards Deb ... I have those papers from PaperMania too ... I love the crown on your card .. so lovely ... hope you are staying warm over in Wales .. it's cold here!

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are ALL amazing, Deb. When I saw the thumbnail on Claire's blog, I immediately saw your Union Jack design. BRILLIANT. I also love your butterfly cards - can't wait to see some actually butterflies. Winter has only been here for a month, and I'm already ready for it to be over, so your butterflies are a reminder of great things to come.

Michelle said...

Deborah, these are gorgeous. I especially LOVE the CASE Study card. Really LOVE it!! :-)

Renee said...

First...
I love the CASE study card...
it's absolutely gorgeous!
But I spied the Union Jack from the very start and couldn't wait to see it up close...
Deb it's gorgeous!!
Love everything about it...
the gingham paper...
that heart and crown right in the middle...
I've had a love of the Union Jack since Def Leppard wore it in the 80's and you just brought back wonderful memories!
He's going to love and treasure this one! :)

Julia Aston said...

Love your British flag card Deborah - all the wonderful stampings and the sweet crown! I'm sure DH will appreciate it - and the cut out hearts card is SO pretty!

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, Boy you've been a busy girl!! I LOVE the Union Jack card - the crown on top of the heart with the fleur de lis squares - so regal - and the colors - just right! I can see all the love that went into this one! Your butterfly card is also beautiful - I like the bright flower colors - so perfect with your butterflies!

Kelly S. said...

Oh I love the way you layered those papers to make such a wonderful pattern, Deborah! The colors are awesome! The crown in a perfect finishing touch for your sweet king :). Your CAS heart cards are SO lovely with the patterned paper, and the teeny butterfly next to those hearts!

Vicky Hayes said...

Both cards are absolutely stunning Deborah and what a lovely post too - you are all lucky to have each other!

Super Jen said...

Loving both cards but especially the Union Jack - too clever!

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous cards Deborah! Love the British flag! So unique and creative! That crown is a perfect touch for your dear husband's card!

JJ Bolton said...

Seriously Deborah, the anglophile in me *hearts* that flag card! What a great design!!!

And your CASE Study card is a great take on the inspiration! Lots of white space but still lots of yummy colors too!

Kary said...

Hi Deborah! Your cards are amazing!! Love the gorgeous Union Jack card, it's amazing! I'm sure Jonathan will love it. Have a great day!!

Jackie said...

Hi Deborah, I'm not here for the blog party, just wanted to say I lkove your cards and I am typing in time to Sweets for my Sweet :o)
Jackie xx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Fabulous Deborah, loving the Union Flag just now and all British! Wonderful creation, love it

Ali x

Sharron said...

Just spectacular, Deborah--wonderful job on both of these! The papers on the Case Study card are so pretty and the Union Jack card is just outstanding! The heart and crown and those fabby papers--love it!!

Robin said...

What a fab combo of patterns for your WMS card and the other is beautiful too!!
Robin

Karin Åkesdotter said...

These are absolutely AMAZING Deborah. I LOVE your English card - such perfect design - so beautiful!
Have a great day and a great hop, hugs Karin

rudlis said...

Wow Deborah! Beautiful cards! This is absolutely fabulous!

Stella said...

That Union Jack is brilliant! love the crown too :)
And the way you lifted the - 2nd -card; Great choice of papers and the heart shape is perfect. Wow!
XX

Trish said...

Oh my word - I love, love LOVE the Union Jack card! Fantastic!
Trish xx

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful!

Paula (PEP) said...

I love that Union Jack card - the crown is striking in gold & I like your iconography.
Love the little butterfly you included with those hearts in your CASE.
Paula (PEP)

Cathy Weber said...

Almost too many sweet elements to comment on them all, but that crown...beautiful. The colors and the die that you used is so striking. It's ok to be a little mushy once in a while, your husband will love it once he gets home!

Clare said...

Ok, your Union Jack card is fabulous!! love how you made the background!! into my favourites folder!! great job!

LaurieJ said...

Both of your projects are beautiful, Deborah! Love, love, love the Union Jack look of the first card, and the heart in the center is perfect. The design papers you used for your Case Study card are divine.

Charmaine Stack said...

Deborah, I bet Jonathan will love the Union Jack - what UK guy wouldn't, especially with him being stateside so much lately? And the hw=earts card is great, too. Well done!

Joyce said...

Both of your cards are so wonderful. How nice that you have two men in your life to make sweet cards for! Love the royalty theme--if he is king, you are queen, right? And, that CASE study card is fabby two--love those hearts.

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Deborah--both of your cards are just wonderful! I especially love the "Sweets for my Sweet" card--the background you created is just awesome!

Chris L.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Both cards are perfect!! I love the Union Jack on your first, and I love your interpretation of the second challenge!

Camilla said...

I absolutely love your Union Jack card! It's awesome! Mind if I borrow your design? :o)

Unknown said...

Wow Deborah, you were on a roll, I loved your Union Jack card so much I pinned it, hope that's ok...lol!! I was blown away, just thought it was genus!!! and the pretty pretty heart and butterfly cards too, wonderful!! Thank you so much for joining our blog party!!

Cammie said...

Deborah, love the CAS with those beautiful hearts, but my word, the first card is an AMAZING creation. Love everything about it, and I applaud your creative genius!

MicheyMoo said...

Absolute stunner of a card for the blog party, Deborah. It's a perfect card for your fella to welcome him home. xx

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous cards Deb! Love all the detail on the first one and LOVE your CAS card too! Beautiful! Beautiful! :)

Bumblebee said...

Wow Debs, they're both fab. I can't resist a Union Jack card, and your take on the CASE challenge is really lovely.

Jenny said...

I love the union Jack theme Deborah...that range of papers is just beautiful ( I had to buy the EF and ribbons yesterday!)
Fabulous papers behind the heart apertures too :)
Jenny x

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous , love your diecut heart card. The inside of the hearts are soooo pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...