Sunday 15 January 2012

CR84FN46 - Happy Birthday ....

... I can hardly believe that we're already into the third week of January - time seems to be galloping away.  But it does mean that it's time for a new CR84FN challenge.  At the time of writing this post, we've had over 70 entries for CR84FN45, so many gorgeous projects - thank you for playing along.  Now to CR84FN46 - and a big change in colours, soft, subtle, delicate colours - light pink, yellow and neutral.


These gorgeous inspiration photos are courtesy of Beccarillo photography - I love the delicacy of the pictures and the pretty flowers.

I've made a birthday card to share with you - it's for my friend, Annette, she will be celebrating tomorrow.  I haven't seen Annette since moving to Wales, but we do keep in touch via email and phone - gotta love technology.


I used a technique that I've seen in a couple of magazines - wax crayon resist.  I stamped the flowers onto glossy card with black Stazon.  I used a candle (couldn't find the wax crayons) to apply wax to the flowers - I did get a bit of wax falling onto the card and it was really difficult to remove!  Next I added colour by sponging pale pink onto the roses and yellow onto the marigolds.  I absolutely love the soft, subtle effect.  I added a pretty pale pink polka dot ribbon around the middle of the card.  I made a mat out of pale yellow mulberry paper - I like the soft edges.  I added a touch of pink to the edge of the cardbase and finished off with a simple greeting stamped in an ornate tag.  I had one rose left over and I put that on the inside of the card.

Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Fifth Avenue Florals; Personal Impressions - Wording Stamps
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, Pretty in Pink; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Staz-on - Jet Black
Spellbinders:  Fancy Tags Two (S5-030)
Accessories:  Mulberry paper, ribbon, glossy card and card base from stash

For more idea using these colours - check out the other designers' blogs:


That's all for today.  I'm taking Kathryn to her friend's birthday party today - they're going to the local Ten Pin Bowling alley - such fun!!!  While Kathryn is doing that, Mum and I will be pottering around the shops and stopping for coffee!  Bliss.  Enjoy your day and see you tomorrow!

27 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Deb! All those blossoms look wonderful and I love the ornate label.

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, LOVE the crayon resist technique on this card! Your friend will LOVE this! And that ornate label is just GORGEOUS! Also that mulberry paper is a FAB detail!

kingstonmama said...

This is just lovely, Deborah. So soft and pretty. Ann

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, I have never tried this technique with wax, must think about it some time :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

Beautiful Deborah, your friend will love this!

Stamps and Paper said...

SUch a pretty card Deborah and a lovely technique...

Anne

Wendy ten Hove said...

This is very, very pretty, Deborah! I love the partial coloring you did on the flowers! Looks gorgeous!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Paula (PEP) said...

Your inking of the die-cut is terrific in the way it pulls the eyes to the pink colouring but subtly so.
Paula (PEP)

~amy~ said...

gorgeous!

Sasha said...

Such a lovely pastel card, and I love the technique you used:)

Helen Berry said...

Such a pretty card Deb - What a wonderful technique too - those flowers are delicate & lovely and I love the central yellow label & soft mulberry paper border. Makes me think of Spring.

Helen Berry said...

I meant *pink* label in the middle xxx

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful! Love how you used the mulberry paper, too! Great idea! Have fun today with your mum!

Jenny said...

That's a great technique Deborah and such a pretty way to use the colours too.
Congrats on winning the monthly prize at LIM :)
Jenny x

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, What a great card, I love the technique, what a lovey effect:0) Gay xxx

Stella said...

The roses and the "framed"sentiment caught my eye. Stunning Deborah; I love your take on the colors!
Hugs!
XX

Andrea M said...

Deb! I love that technique! Gorgeous card! I must try that crayon resist technique!! Beautiful work!

Suzanne C said...

What a lovely card! The white highlights are beautiful on your flowers. Beautiful!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card - love how you spotlighted the blossoms!

Tara Cardwell said...

Beautifully delicate and ornate Deborah :-D

Cyndie said...

Gosh, Deb--what a beautifully elegant card! I'd forgotten about the crayon resist technique, must try it again. You have used it to wonderful effect on these flowers!

Jeanne J. said...

How did I miss this beauty? I saw it on the CR84FN site - what can I say Deborah??? This one is off the hook GORGEOUS - one of your best EVER! LOVE the soft colors and those gorgeous flowers! Well Done!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love how soft and feminine this is!

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful, feminine card, deborah!!

Shannon White said...

Wowzers is this Ever Beautiful Miss Deb! Love the neat wax resist technique you used. And what a Pretty elegant Label too! Just so Lovely! I know your friend must have Loved this! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Gerry said...

This is absolutely beautiful and so soft

Lisa Elton said...

So soft and lovely Deborah! I really like your sentiment frame too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...