Monday 16 January 2012

One for three ....

...  having managed to post my OLW blog a bit earlier than planned (silly me!), here's a card I made last night.  I've combined three challenges into this card:


I'm not entirely sure that my card is clean and simple enough for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, but I'm going to submit it anyway.


I started off with a plain white square card onto which I attached a lovely piece of Christmas vellum - with gold Christmas trees all over it.  I found some textured burgundy paper (heavy weight) in my stash and used this to make the scalloped border and the ornament.  I stamped the ornament in Versamark, heat embossed with gold detail powder and used the coordinating punch to cut it out.  To add a few more scallops to the card, I used Labels 23 (so elegant) to cut a piece of plum card.  I embossed part of the lace tree into the shape to coordinate with the vellum, then ran a gold marker pen around the edge of the die cut to create a faux gold layer.  Finally, I stamped a simple sentiment in black Stazon.


Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Contempo Christmas
Inks:  Versamark; Staz-on - Jet Black
Spellbinders:  Labels Twenty Three (S4-347) #4
Accessories:  Fiskars - Holly Border punch; Detail gold embossing powder; Stampin' Up! - Bauble punch; Papermania - A Christmas Carol Gold Vellum; Card from stash

I'd like to say hello and welcome to M J - who has become my newest follower, glad to welcome you!   I'm also very pleased to say that I've been picked as one of the December winners over at Less is More - absolutely thrilled to bits, and I'm in great company - Anne was the other winner.  Not only that, but I also found out that I've had an honourable Mention from the ladies at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown for this card.  Thank you Mynnette and Jacqueline, this is much appreciated.

That's all for now folks!!!  See you tomorrow.

Edited:  I've taken another photo of my card - in natural day light this time - I think you can see the background a bit better.




23 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful Xmas card Deborah, love these colours and the rich regal gold and purple.

Jackie said...

Oh what a beautiful card, I love everything about it :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas cards Deborah and congrats on your win

Anne

Toulouse said...

Comgratulations Deborah on your LIM win, very well deserved. I must say I would die happy if I ever won there (fat chance) LOL

Tara Cardwell said...

Great way to combine 3 challenges - really love the part embossed die cut. So pleased for your LIM win - about time too :-)
Tara
x

Claire said...

Such a gorgeous, elegant card - especially all your embossing!

Unknown said...

I think you captured all three challenges perfectly.

Love your heart card in the earlier post too.

Anne said...

Hi Deborah, what a gorgeous card and congratulations to you too for Less is More:)
Anne
xxx

M said...

*waves* thanks for the mention! Another pretty card - and so organised too! M x

G Peplow said...

Three challenges with one card? Amazing Deborah, lovely colours and lots of lovely texture, great card, Gay xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Well done with those awards & all the best with these ones. I do think CAS or LIM is very definitely something you do well. This is CAS in my book (but that's probably nothing to go by!!)
Love the embossing on your die-cut & the way the scallops on that pick up the border. The corners of the die-cut are nicely accentred by the pointed shape of your bauble too.
Paula (PEP)

Sue C said...

Congrats on all of your recognitions! Your card is really pretty, and that's a fabulous use of the embossed tree.

Marie Bingaman said...

I think your card is very elegant; I especially love the embossed ornament! :)

KatheD said...

What a fabulous card, Deborah. I thought of using this color challenge combined with this sketch AFTER I did something completely not Christmas, but it's perfect for a Christmas card. Yours is quite elegant!

Stella said...

And if it isn't clean and simple enough it definitely is stunning :) Your take on the sketch and the colors is just brilliant. Well done!
Hugs!
XX

Vicky Hayes said...

There's a real fabricky feel to this lovely card (and oh dear, I'm making up words again!) Congratulations on all your wins too Deborah - so well-deserved.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh--what a lovely card and YES i'd say it was a brilliant version of the color palette AND kirsty's sketch AND C&S design... but admittedly i'm the worst person EVER in judging that last category, so don't go by me, i guess, lol! still, it is FULL ON fab for the other two, so well done!!! ♥♥♥

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome, love love love that embossed christmas tree!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH!!! What a fun card--LOVE that embossed tree in that center die panel! And that gold ornament is BEAUTIFUL:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Dana said...

Gorgeous! I love the textures here. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

SmilynStef said...

Love how you used those regal hues for a gorgeous holiday design ... CAS-magical ... thanks for getting sketchy with us at jingle belles.

Michele Gross said...

Really gorgeous!! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Voerg said...

I love the elegant style and the rich colors of this card. Beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...