Thursday 19 January 2012

A collage birthday .....

.... I've made this card for my nephew, Gareth, who will be celebrating his birthday next week.  Inspiration for the card came from two challenges:



I started off by scoring some lines at a third and two-thirds the depth of the card (my Hougie board makes this so easy).  I masked off the card above and below the scored lines and started to play with the collage stamping technique.  I started with the palest colour - Wisteria Wonder - randomly stamping images.  Then I sponged the same colour all over the central panel, keeping the colour a little deeper at the edges.  Moving from Rich Razzleberry to Bravo Burgundy I stamped more images onto the panel.  I sponged a little more colour around the edge of the panel with Rich Razzleberry.  Once I'd removed the masks, I stamped birthday sentiments above and below the collage panel.  

 
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy, Off Beat Backgrounds; Papermania - Man's World Couch Potato, Man's World Party Animal
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Bravo Burgundy, Rich Razzleberry, Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo
Accessories:  Card from Stash; Hougie board

It turned out that yesterday was quite relaxed - I didn't end up ironing - but spent time with Mum instead.  And that's always a good way to spend time.  Today we're off to town again!  See you soon.


23 comments:

Jackie said...

Good morning Deborah, what a classy card. I like this technique very much and may need to try it if you don't mind.
By the way, I only answered a call of nature at 4am, then I went back to bed until 6.30am :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah and a great technique...love the colours

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

I love what you've done with this one - & you've given me an idea for Alphatag C! Glad you had a good day with your Mum - so important to spend time with family whilst you can.
Paula (PEP(

Pauline said...

What fabulous stamping, and great images too! A great mix of stamps and ink!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a beautiful inked collage Deborah - LOVE these colours! Glad to hear you're enjoying relaxing with your mum!

Tara Cardwell said...

The amount of different looks you get from this stamp set never ceases to amaze me. This is a knockout again!
Tara x

Marybeth said...

This is such a creative card. I'm sure your nephew will love it. I love all the different stamping you did on this one.

Sasha said...

Super card and a great stamping technique:)

Margaret said...

This is fab Deborah!
Margaret x

LeAnne said...

Wonderful creation---a great masculine card! Thanks so much for playing with us this week!

Sylvia said...

Fabulous masculine card, Deborah, love your stamped panel! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Lynn said...

this is really fabulous! I love the way you masked off the collage. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous masculine card, Deborah! Your masking and sponging are perfect?

Mynn xx said...

What a fabulous card! Not sure if you like clean and simple challenges, but this could be linked up to the One Layer Wednesday challenge at www.simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com :) I think it's perfect--and your collage is awesome! :)

Stella said...

It;s always lovely to see what you made this time. This card turned out great. I love that centperiece iwht all kinds of stamps and the spinging around the edges is the icing on the cake.
I love this design...

Good to read you spend time with your mum. Ahhh we can always spend time ironing..but who cares? :)

XX

Archana Joshi said...

Great technique. Love the way you designed this card. Simple yet stunning.

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful Deborah! Very fresh clean and neat!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF...your card is so pretty and perfect for more masculine design! Hugs ~S~

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card, I love that pattern.

Christina said...

Super cool, Deborah! I will definitely be trying this technique on future masculine cards. So glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!

Arielle H Gordon said...

SUPER COOL, Deborah! What a terrific card! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

savvy teaching tips said...

Very cute - I love how you layered all those images. You got the collage technique down. Thanks for playing with us at the Colour Q this week.

Anita Scroggins said...

What a cute card! Thank you so much for joining us at ColourQ this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...