Saturday 14 January 2012

One by Kathryn ....

....  I can't take any credit for this card - Kathryn made it for her friend Katherine who will be 9 on Sunday.   My Kathryn was looking at the DYSU54 blog and saw the pink bus and she was really keen to make a card for the challenge.


Kathryn has her own stash in her bedroom - some of it she's bought, but most of it comes from magazines or is stash that I've given to her.  Recently I got some pretty papers free with Simply Homemade (I used the butterfly stamp on my card) and I was going to keep them, but Kathryn smiled at me - you know the way children do!!!  Anyway, Kathryn picked this gorgeous bright pink paper for the background.  In her stash she had a decoupage kit that was also free (with Creativity - I think) and featured these cute animals which she very carefully cut out and layered.  Kathryn stamped the sentiment onto white card and was simply going to cut it out; I suggested that using a nestie might give a better finish - so she had fun cutting it out.  The final accent is the pink butterfly which Kathryn cut out from the backing paper.  I think her friend will love it.


Stamps: One that I gave to Kathryn and I can't remember who made it
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo
Spellbinders:  Lacey Squares (S4-295) # 2
Accessories:  Decoupage sheet

I took a close up of the decoupaged animals - Kathryn has made a great job of cutting them out and layering them.  She's got more patience than me!!!


Hopefully, I'll be able to share a few more of Kathryn's cards with you soon.

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Well done Kathryn on a fantastic card! Wonderful decoupaging and beautiful backing paper, your friend will appreciate your hard efforts here! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week, I hope we see more of your efforts in the future!

Jackie said...

Two fabulous cards from Kathryn, watch out Mum :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Well done Kathryn a very pretty card.

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

Lovely the way it is put together with the placing. The animals are just right with the pink background & I'm sure your friend will love it Kathryn.
Paula (PEP)

WencheP said...

This is just cute! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Kim S said...

Kathryn has definitely inherited talent!!

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! Kathryn, this is so gorgeous, love the pretty pink and fab decoupage.

Donna x

Jenny said...

Oh bless her, it's really cute and she has a definite CAS style :)
Better watch your supplies Deborah!!!
Jenny x

Naomi said...

Kathryn,
WOW, this is FABULOUS! So much fun and I LOVE the bright pink designer papers and the cut-out animals!
Thanks SO much for playing along with us, this week, at DYSU!

Hugs,
Naomi

Vicky Hayes said...

This is sweet and it's lovely that Kathryn has handmade a card for her friend! I'm impressed at her fussy-cutting skills too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...