Wednesday 30 November 2011

We've got snow .....

WARNING - PHOTO HEAVY!!!

.... we woke up this morning to snow - about 2" of the stuff covering the rooftops, the cars, the sidewalks and verges; but the roads were reasonably clear!  And, boy, was it cold!!!  Temperatures of 32F (0C) but taking into account the wind chill factor it felt more like 26F (-3C).  Having spent most of yesterday in our room, I decided that we would go for a walk this morning.  A beautiful dry, sunny, clear, crisp and cold winter morning - just fabulous.  Kathryn was wrapped up nice and warm, in my scarf, and had fun playing in the snow.  She was going to make a snow angel, but settled on running in the snow and throwing snowballs at me!!











After our walk Kathryn decided that she wanted to go to the pool, so it was back to the hotel and to the pool.  Kath had such fun - I enjoyed watching her!!!

And now I have another card to share with you - I've made another for this week's Less is More - LIM43 where Mandi and Chrissie would like us to Bling it up!!!  Obviously, I don't have much in the way of crafting goodies here with me, but I was able to play with my new stash and I've made a Christmas card for this year's collection. 



I stamped the two large circles onto some scrap white card and carefully cut them out (wish I'd had my punches here) and attached them to the card with dimensional tape.  Then I stamped a few more snowflakes onto the card base.  I coloured a couple of the stamped images and added chunky glitter to others.  I got these lovely turquoise jewel flourishes in Jo-Ann (I may have to go back and get some more) and added some behind the sentiment stamp.  A simple Christmas card.  I took a close-up of the stamped images so that you can see the sparkle from the glitter!


Stamps:  Fiskars - Winter Wonderland
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Memento Pens - Summer Sky, Bahama Blue
Accessories:  Heidi Grace - Aqua Rhinestone Stickers; Martha Stewart - Crystal (coarse glitter), white card

Kathryn and I are going to have a quiet afternoon, may be try to nap, as this evening we're all going into Downtown Detroit to see the hockey match.  Detroit Red Wings are playing Tampa Bay Lightening at Joe Louis Stadium.  Now, we have watched some ice-hockey matches in Deeside, but I think this is going to be rather different :)))))  We're really looking forward to it.

Before I go, I must say hello and welcome to Arielle Gordon who has become my latest follower - so pleased that you've decided to join me.  And that's all for now.  Do drop by tomorrow for the start of the new St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - it's a goodie!!  See you.

16 comments:

Sally H said...

Fabulous photos. It is still very mild here. Your card is totally stunning! I love it

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Debs

What a gorgeous card I love what you've done! Also love the ice on those berries - great photo!

Take care

Tina

Jenny said...

Hi Deb, well you certainly are trying all the weather scenarios out aren't you =)
Another fab card, you're doing well with limited stash....remember to go and replace it before you come home!!!
Jenny x

Marta said...

Dear Deb, this is great card, so delicate. I love the different kinds of snowflakes.

have fun in US

Paula (PEP) said...

The card looks a beauty. Looks like Kathyrn's definitely having fun too. Take care in the snow with your knee.
Paula (PEP)

Stamps and Paper said...

THanks for sharing your photos with us Deborah..you certainly seem to be having a great time.

Lovely card lots of bling

Anne

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, What a perfect card for a snowy day. Love the photos and was glad that you didn't let the weather keep you indoors! Your card is beautiful - I love all the gems!

Judy1223 said...

What fun snow pictures! And i LOVE your bling ornaments...so pretty!

Chrissie said...

Superb card Deborah... crafting whilst away from home is real dedication.
Super pics too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

A Consuming Passion said...

I saw this post and though oh no Snow in the UK my poor Mum!!!!! Then read on and saw you were in the US!!!! Serves me right for not keeping up to date!!!!
Hope you're enjoying your trip Deb.

Kathyk said...

Well, it's BLINGALICIOUS! and with limited stash too - well done you. Enjoy/endure the snow! It LOOKS fabulous until you have to get out and about in, doesn't it?

Kathyk

Karen Petitt said...

You are one committed crafter Deborah, glad I'm not the only who takes some stash with me when I go away! Beautiful card Karen x

Cheryl said...

Brrrr! It looks so cold there! Perfect card for a snowy day! Love the touch of glitter and the turquoise bling. Nice, classy, CAS card. ~Hugs, Cheryl

Vicky Hayes said...

How beautiful it looks Deborah! I love your photos - you must be feeling quite Christmassy! Great to see you're going for it with your new stash and I've love the circles layout. Hope you enjoyed the hockey match!

Susan said...

Deborah, for having few supplies to work with, you've done a wonderful job with this card! Hope you have a great time in Detroit (Brrrrr!) Here in Florida...we NEVER see snow (well, almost never...a few flakes occasionally). Today, it's a brisk 45° F outside but will probably warm up to about 60°F today.

Stay warm!

Mandi said...

Superb card Deborah
FAbulous photos too
Thank you
mandi LIM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...