Saturday 12 November 2011

A splash of colour ....

.... the Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC107 - is a colour splash, and they've gone for ORANGE!  Yes, really orange!  It's one of those colours that you either love or hate, I love it, but don't use it to often on it's own - so this was a bit tough.  I really like the graphic this week!


I found some great papers in my large (huge) stash of designer papers - the same design on each sheet, but one in black on white and the other white on black.  I cut the paper into equal sized strips and then layered them together to make a mixed black and white background.  I stamped the heats and heat embossed them with clear powder - the orange dotty one was black and white to start, I simply rubbed the ink pad over once it was embossed.  Finally a simple sentiment to echo the heart design on the papers with the word "love" popped in orange.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Sweethearts
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Tangerine Tango; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Accessories:  Papermania - Inspirations Black & White Papers; Card and clear embossing powder from stash

Sorry about the quality of the photo - light levels are still low - I really will have to invest in a mini light studio.  I'm off to check out this week's challenges from Less is More, Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge and the Craft Barn.  Have you seen the Craft Barn challenge?  They are challenging us to make a calendar with different themes on each month - I've been following it at this week is October (so week 10) - but I haven't yet done any pages.  I'll try to get some done this week.

That's all for now - see you later!

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Deborah, this is fab! I really don't like the colour orange, and I almost resigned myself to not play this week, but I'm so glad that I did! I'm so glad you do too, this is terrific! Love the carefully created background, and the little pop of orange hearts!

For my photos I have a light tent, my hubby got me for Xmas last year from an online company. It was about £30, and then I got a couple of small lamps either side in the July sales this year, but I noticed in Wilkinsons the other week, they have got some lamps in their home dept for about £10! It has made all the difference to my picture quality. Xx

Vicky Hayes said...

This is wonderful Deborah! I always like black and white with a splash of colour and orange makes a lovely change from the more usually seen red.

Michele Gross said...

Fabulous splash! Love the little orange hearts :) Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe!

Mynn xx said...

Oooo! LOVE this--those orange hearts are definitely unique!!! FABULOUS! :)

Paula (PEP) said...

Striking & I love the way you coloured those white dots orange - good thinking that.
Paula (PEP)

Lavender Rose said...

You did a great job with the splash of orange challenge, a striking design, love it!!!

Jenny said...

Love this paper Deborah, the orange hearts are thee perfect embellishment:)
I have a small light tent...couldn't blog without it!
Jenny x

Stacy said...

Such a cute card, love those little cut out hearts! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...