Wednesday 9 November 2011

CASE competition at Waltzingmouse ....

.... every other month, the Waltzingmouse DT showcase various sets of stamps in the Stamp of Approval Parade (SOAP) - this month there was a Christmas theme - joy!!!!  Claire has lots of wonderful Christmas sets and the new sets are particularly fab!  On Day 4 of the SOAPs, the CASE (Copy and Share Everything) competition is announced.  The object of the competition is to find one project, out of the many gorgeous creations, and CASE it.

The hardest thing about this competition is picking what to CASE.  As always there are so many fabulous projects, but I've finally decided to CASE this wonderfully elegant and simple card by Julia Aston - I love it.!



Last year I used this set quite a lot in my Christmas cards.  My CASEd version uses the same set and the same layout, but I've changed the colour and the image.  I've gone for dark green and the large Christmas tree.  Simple and elegant - and it's really good for sending through the post as it's not got lots of layers.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nutcracker Sweet
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Garden Green
Accessories:  Green mirri card and card stock from stash

That's all for now - I'm off to get dinner for us all.  I'm going to try and play in my craft room this evening - I want to see if I can CASE another card!  See you soon.

12 comments:

Pauline said...

A beautiful CAS card for this case comp, the images speak for themselves really don't they? Beautifully done, and elegantly simple. I haven't done mine yet, still dithering over which card to choose lol!!

Stella said...

You sure know how to let a stamp speak for itself. A fabulous way to case a card. The tree is gorgeous; and so is your card!
Hugs,
XX

Vicky Hayes said...

Perfect in its simplicity Deborah!

Jeanne J. said...

Deb you have this CAS thing down pat (I'm jealous!). Great card!

Charmaine Stack said...

How beautiful with the green mirri card to add an elegant border. Anytime we can rob the post office of some "overage" fees, I'm a happy camper!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply wonderful Deb! Thanks for joining along with WM :)

Cathy Weber said...

This is a beautiful and elegant card, you used an image that is as striking as Julia's and I love that shiny green paper. I have never heard of that before and it is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

Sometimes less is more and that's the case ;) with this card, it's wonderful!

Paula (PEP) said...

Simply classically traditional & a super CASE.
Paula (PEP)

Julia Aston said...

The tree looks fabulous in the green on this CAS card Deborah - I'm honored that you cased my card this month!

Unknown said...

Oh gorgeous Deborah!! I do love a good CAS card, it's like a breath of fresh air!! your green tree is perfect!! Thank you so much for playing along with us!!

Kary said...

Hi Deborah! Your card is SO Gorgeous!! I love how beautiful the tree is. It's a great card!! Love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...