Monday 14 November 2011

Reading .....

... hi guys.  I had a good time at craft class this morning - I didn't stop long, but managed to up date my stamping reference sheets.  Then headed into town to post a big box of cards to Tara for the St Luke's Charity Sale on 27th November.  I've been meaning to post my cards to Tara for ages and sorting out the house recently reminded me that I need to get them to her.  Have a good sale!

And I had planned on getting into my craft room this afternoon - I've got lots of cards to make for Design Team commitments - especially with us going to the States for a holiday shortly.  However, I didn't make it.  I was side tracked a bit.  I just had to finish Stephen King's latest novel "11.22.63" - the date written in the American style.  To quote the blurb "The day that changed the world.  What if you could change it back?"  You can guess the central idea about the story - to stop the assassination of Kennedy.  It's brilliant!

Many of you will have noticed from my sidebar that I joined the 2011 Stephen King Reading Challenge in January with the intention of reading six of his books.  A quick update as of today:

These are the books I’ve read so far on my Stephen King reading challenge.  I’m writing my reviews in the order I read the books.
  1. The Stand - finished 23 March 2011 - review here
  2. The Green Mile - finished 28 March 2011 - review here
  3. It - finished 29 April 2011 - review here
  4. Desperation - finished 8 May 2011
  5. Bag of Bones - finished 10 May 2011
  6. Cell - finished 19 May 2011
  7. On Writing (non-fiction) - finished 27 May 2011
  8. Carrie - finished 3 June 2011
  9. Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger – finished 15 July 2011
  10. The Dead Zone – finished 20 July 2011
  11. Insomnia – finished 25 July 2011
  12. Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three – finished 10 August 2011
  13. Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands – finished 20 August 2011
  14. Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass – finished 1 September 2011
  15. Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla – finished 11 September 2011
  16. Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah – finished 18 September 2011
  17. The  Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon – finished 27 September 2011
  18. Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower – finished 28 September 2011
  19. Full Dark, No Stars – finished 20 October 2011
  20. 11.22.63 – finished 14 November 2011
As you can see, I've read quite a few more than originally planned!!!  It's been a joy to revisit some of the old stories and to re-read the Gunslinger stories.  And the new books have been great.  But I'm really behind on reviews - so I'll get them posted as soon as I can.  If you've not read any Stephen King - try the new one - 11.22.63 - it's excellent.

Anyway, that's all for now.  I'm off for a glass of wine and some TV.  See you soon.

4 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

That sounds very interesting - reminds me a little of Harris' "Ghost". I've been meaning to have a look at King's novels but haven't quite managed it yet.
Paula (PEP)

Patrice said...

Wow! That's quite a challenge!

Sarn said...

I see you are taking the challenge very seriously! I am an avid reader too, but I don't read horror, which I associate Stephen King with . . . soz x

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, I've been thinking about this book. Glad you gave it a thumbs up - I will have to check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...