Tuesday 29 November 2011

CAS-ual Fridays .....

.... this is another in my series of scheduled posts.  The card I'm sharing was made for the current CAS-ual Fridays - CFC29 challenge, and because last week was Thanksgiving, the challenge is running for two weeks.


I like this sketch - there are so many possibilities.  I've gone for a very simple look on my card.  I've used two types of Coredination card - Gemstone card and Whitewash card - both have the same base colour.  I used the Gemstone card to make a mat and then cut a smaller piece of the Whitewash card.  I found a lovely damask style embossing folder and used this on the Whitewash card - it looks like velvet flocked paper!  I added a very simple sentiment.  This is a birthday card for my stash.



Stamps:  Penny Black - Sentiments
Inks:  Stazon - Jet Black
Cuttlebug:  Textile Texture Folder
Accessories:  Coredinations card - Gemstone and Whitewash

That's all for now.  Do check back on 1st December - I've a post scheduled for the start of the December St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - it's a lovely one!!!  See you soon.

6 comments:

Pauline said...

This is lovely Deborah, I have this embossing folder, it's so elegant. Love core'dinations too, my favourite card right now! Hope you're having a fabulous time xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love how textured this is Deborah. I bet you're all having a great time together!

Sue said...

Hi Deborah so sorry i seem to have missed getting round to your blog !!! so been having a good old read wow on the trip to America and goodnesss you might be moving there wont you miss Wales ???? we only had a holiday caravan and had to give it up and i miss Wales sooooooo much anyway good luck whatever you choose the photos look amazing and what a good girl you are in the craft shops i think i would throw my clothes so as to fill the case with goodies har har on to the cards you have created some beautiful cards since my last visit and so sorry again for not getting round to your blog enjoy the rest of your stay take care Luv Sue x

Joyce said...

This is just so beautiful. I forgot how wonderful that cordinations paper is, and that I have a stash of it (somewhere). What a big statement you made.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah and that embossing is super....

Anne

Jenny said...

Liking this very much Deborah, the co-ordinations is one of those products I forget to use even tho it's totally gorgeous!
Pretty colours and love the positive/negative effect :)
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...