Friday 11 November 2011

Tag, you're it ...

... this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays - CFC28 is to make a CAS tag or a design featuring a tag.


I've made a tag - the first of many that I'm going to need for December!  I started off with a pre-made blank tag and added some colour with my new Winter Limited edition Distress inks - they're wonderful!!!  I spritzed on some water and the colours blended beautifully.  Next I used the same colours to stamp a spray of holly and a simple greeting.  Finally I added a Christmas tree - which was stamped one shade of green and then coloured with more of the new winter green.  I added a bit of sparkle to the star and hearts!  Quick and simple to make.  Ladies, I do hope this is okay for the challenge!


Stamps:  Chocolate Baroque - Christmas Flourish, Sentiment (Elusive Images); Waltzingmouse - Nutcracker Sweet
Inks:  Distress - Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough; Stampin' Up! - Garden Green
Accessories:  Sakura pens and card from stash

Today has been a truly dull and miserable day - we've had the lights on all day!  It's one of those days that I really don't like - just damp, dull and grey.  I'm hoping that the weekend will be a bit better as my brother-in-law, Bert, will be coming over to see us for the day.  He's bringing my great-nephew, Callum, with him.  It'll be nice to spend some time with them and hopefully get some pictures in the garden - so keep your fingers crossed for sunshine!  That's all for now.  See you tomorrow.

9 comments:

Pauline said...

This is a great tag for Christmas, those inks are a lovely colour together, and I love the WMS tree.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely Christmas tag and gorgeous colours

Anne

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the greens & I thought I recognized the Chocolate Baroque stamp. It's been wet & horrid here too but I believe it should get better for the weekend.
Paula (PEP)

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Toulouse said...

Super tag Deborah, I love the way the christmas tree is off the edge.

Jackie said...

Beautiful tag, I love all the greens :o)
Jackie xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Great tag - love the tree.

Hope the weather is better for you today - it's brighter here thankfully.

Tara x

Vicky Hayes said...

Your Christmas tree looks wonderful against the holly flourish Deborah. Today I think we might have your weather from yesterday! Have a lovely time with Bert and Callum whatever the weather.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Sooo pretty! Love that tree image . . . so elegant and amazing detail! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...