Tuesday 29 November 2011

It's raining, it's pouring .....

... the old man is snoring - well that's how the nursery rhyme goes, and it's a perfect description of the weather here in Novi.  It started raining yesterday evening and hasn't stopped since!!! 

Last night we walked over to Bar Louie at Twelve Mile Crossing @ Fountain Walk.  It was wet and cold, and I wished I had an umbrella.  However, it was worth the walk - dinner was delicious. 

And today we woke to yet more rain and the forecast is for the rain to continue all day and for snow to start falling this evening.  There are currently flood watches out in parts of the Michigan area and then this evening this becomes a storm forecast for the snow, with about 1" - 2" of snow to settle.  But it looks like it'll be reasonably clear tomorrow.  So we get to experience the start of a Michigan winter, but we'll be back in the UK before winter arrives in force :)

We decided to stay indoors today and Kathryn has spent the morning in the swimming pool. It's not huge, but it's big enough for Kath, especially as she's on her own.  Kathryn had lots of fun - swimming up and down and playing too - she tried to do handstands!!  And then she sat in the hot pool and really enjoyed that - mind you should have seen her face when she went back in the pool!!!!



So Kathryn had lots of fun this morning and this afternoon I think she's going to play with her new Monster High Doll and read her books.  Oh yes, she'll probably watch some TV too.

This week the Less is More - LIM43 challenge is to use:

A bit of


I didn't think I'd be able to join in with any challenges while in the US, but yesterday's shopping trip has meant that I can play.  Yippee!!!   I started with a plain white card blank and used my new peacock feather stamp which I coloured with two shades of Memento pen (yes!!!)  and stamped directly onto the card.  Next I used the darker of the two colours to ink up a simple sentiment.  As I didn't have my stamp-a-ma-jig I had to position the sentiment by eye - it's pretty good.  To comply with the challenge requirements I added a few gems.  That's it - a clean and simple sympathy card to add to my stash when I get home.



Stamps:  Stampendous - Peacock Feather; Inkadinkadoo - sentiment
Inks:  Memento Markers - Paris Dusk, Bahama Blue
Accessories:  Mambi Stones - Blues/greens, Card blank

That's all for now.  I'm off to get us some lunch and let Kathryn have a play on the laptop.  I hope to be able to check out the rest of the submissions to Less is More later this week.  See you soon.

20 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Looks like you both had a fun day! Didn't expect you to be able to play whilst away so nice to see you using your new stash already. Hope you don't get flooded, or snowed in :(
Tara
x

Pauline said...

Oh Deborah, I'm so glad you got some goodies to play with! I bought that stamp about two weeks ago from a craft shop in Southampton, and I'm dying to use it! What a wonderful card! If it's any consolation it's been raining here all day too, very dark dull and grim, and we had a wonderful dounpour at 315pm, just in time for the school pick up -all our coats and shoes are drying in the garage! Wrap up warm!

Kathyk said...

Now a peacock feather simply screams BLING at you doesn't it? This is lovely

btw wet and windy here too!

Kathyk

Viv said...

Great card Deborah, just adore that feather stamp too :O) Viv xx

Lynne said...

Oh Deborah, trust you to go on a crafty shopping trip so soon. Really didn`t expect to see you posting but so glad you did.
Yep we got cold rain and wind here too so you`re not missing anything.
Gorgeous card by the way lol.
Lynne xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Those Memento pens are very very difficult to track down here in the UK. Love what you came up with for the LIM. Lashings of rain & wind here in S.Wales.
Paula (PEP)

Loli said...

hola Deb, thank you for your very kind comment, i'm glad to see you and I am rather envious about your crafty shopping trip:D:D:D, i think US is the paradise of cardmakers :D:D:D.
What beautiful peacock feather stamp and the colour is fantastic!, well done, Deb.
A hug from Palma today 27oC

Jeanne J. said...

Deborah, That peacock feather is gorgeous! I can't believe you got this done! Love the bling - really pretty card!

Jenny said...

How cool is that...crafting with new stash on holiday!! bet you had that planned all along :)
Great card and love the Memento pens... I only have the black!
Sorry about the weather, it's not much better here :(
Jenny x

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous image and a great card Deborah, I love that touch of bling!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Heather Rogers said...

So happy to see you are having such a great time in Michigan. Did you find somewhere to live yet? :)
Hugs~

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE your card, Deb! Kind of to thepoint with that sentiment and the peacock feather!

You should be used to the rain being from England! Glad you were staying somewhere with a pool!

Mandi said...

Stunnign stamp Deborah
Suepr card
thank you
mandi LIM

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, deborah! sounds like you are having a lovely time in michigan!

Karen Petitt said...

Stunning, very classy card which covers a difficult time Karen x

Sally H said...

Beautiful card and a beautiful sentiment. Very elegant

Vicky Hayes said...

I had to smile when reading this Deborah - you're up and running on the craft front already! What a fabulous card! It looks as if Kathryn's having a wonderful time in the pool too!

Marlena M. said...

Wow, your feather card is STUNNING...the blue is so brilliant. I really love the placement of the gems. ;)

Susan said...

Love the feather...I wouldn't have thought to purchase it, but now that I've seen it...I can see that I could find many uses for it! Beautiful card!

Jenni's Jems said...

Fab card and sentimentx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...