Sunday 6 November 2011

CR84FN42 - Merry Christmas .....

... gosh, it's so hard to believe that we're already into November - and according to various counters out there in Blogland - there are only 48 days - yes, really, only 48 days until Christmas!!  Now, I've been making Christmas cards since January thanks to a number of different challenges, and I have about 60 cards already made but I still need more.  About another 60 cards!!!  And I think the colours we have for you in our CR84FN challenge are just lovely and are perfect for Christmas cards.  Our colours - oh yes, black, pale pink and a neutral.  Lush!!!



I think our inspiration photos are fabulous - not remotely Christmassy, but so pretty and elegant; they are courtesy of Beccarillo photography - a place where you can spend quite a while looking at the fab photos!  Actually, I sort of got the inspiration for my card from the centre photo - the cake.  I like the black and white with the touch of pink in the roses.

I started off with an A4 sheet of card from Kanban which I simply folded in half.  I love the snowflake design on the card and added a touch of sparkle to the flakes with my glue pen and glitter.  I used the lovely 2011 Heirloom Ornament dies from Spellbinders to cut a number of shapes in black and in pearly pink.  The very large die was cut and then embossed with one of my Cuttlebug folders - it's quite subtle (not quite enough shims!).  To stamp the designs on the baubles I used one of my new sets from Waltzingmouse.  I inked the images with Versamark and embossed the designs with Black sparkle embossing powder.  Then I arranged the baubles on the card and added some bows.  I think this is a really elegant card - it's black and white with a touch of pink!


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - 2011 Holiday Ornaments
Inks:  Versamark;  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Spellbinders:  2011 Heirloom Ornaments (S4-334)
Accessories:  Kanban snowflake card; Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder; Pearlescent pink card, ribbons and glitter - all from stash

Joining us as our Guest Designer for the next few CR84FN challenges is Mackie from Mackie Made Paper Creations - so check out the CR84FN blog to see inspiration cards from Mackie and the rest of the team, or go directly to their blogs by clicking on the links below:

 
It was so noisy around here last night - fireworks going off all ove the place!  We could see them through the windows in the lounge, so pretty!  Today we're going to have a quite day at home - I've got some housework bits to catch up on, Kathryn needs to tidy her room and Mum just wants to sit quietly and read today.  Once I've done the bits I need to do, I plan to escape to my craft room and make some birthday cards - I've got lots coming up. 

That's all for today.  Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments - I read each and every one - they are very much appreciated.  See you soon!

28 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Deb! What beautifully stamped ornaments! So elegant and classy! Love the pink shimmery bows!

Susan Hogan said...

Happy Guy Fawkes night! Your card is wonderful - so elegant and sparkly. Love this colour combo.

Toulouse said...

WOW, what can I say, such a beautiful card, another Deborah Gem!
Donna :-)

Tara Cardwell said...

What a fabulous Christmas card - such an unusal combo for Christmas but it works so well - I must widen my christmas colours.
Tara x

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous! So elegant! This is truly a special card.
Mackie

Suzanne C said...

Lush is the perfect word for your card too! Beautiful and elegant! Love the pink ornaments layered over the beautiful snowflakes!

Rosemary said...

superbly done card, deb!! absolutely gorgeous!!

Sasha said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Deborah. I love those Spellbinder dies and WM stamps. Fabulous layering and beautiful bows:)

Lisa Elton said...

Goodness Deborah what an elegant Christmas card! The ornaments are wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

Elegant Christmas card, Deb! Love the beautiful ornaments and snowflakes scattered about!

Gerry said...

Deb, this is absolutely gorgeous!!

Marie said...

When zi saw your card it latterly took my breath away! Utterly elegant and beautiful, Deborah.

Jenny said...

Wowzers Deborah, this is brilliant, love how you've used the colours :)
Jenny x

Savitri said...

Very festive card!! Just beautiful! Love all the flakes!

We had the most wonderful Guy Fawkes day! Our village had a pretty big display, which I was quite surprised about. I didn't go last year and was surprised to find a mini night fair. Lots of food and games for all. The fireworks were really good too. Then we were invited to our friend's bonfire party and we all ended up going to bed smelling like smoke. Today we went to a Christmas food tasting event and washed a lot of smoky laundry :) Great time!!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Your card is stunning. Love the background of snowfalkes. This color combination is awesome.

Stella said...

Chic. elegant and that snowflake paper is a perfect choice. These ornaments are giving this card a classic look that I just love. Great use of the colors!
Hugs,
XX

Stamps and Paper said...

WHat a lovely Christmas card...love the colours and all your different baubles

Anne

Vicky Hayes said...

What a dramatic card Deborah! Those pale pink baubles look really striking against what looks like a night sky.

Pauline said...

Very elegant girly christmas card Deb, those baubles are a beautiful shape.

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, LOVE the black and white with a touch of pink! The snowflakes with the sparkles you added are FAB! LOVE the ornaments and the embossing and the layers! This card is just so GORGEOUS!

Lisa Somerville said...

Classy Holiday card - love the ornaments! Wonderful use of this weeks colors!

sheila said...

oooohh this is really gorgeous. I love the background especially!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is absolutely gorgeous! STUNNING colors--perfect for the holidays!!! :)

Lana said...

Wow! This is soo elegant, Deb! Love the ornaments - they are gorgeous! :)

Andrea M said...

Deb, this is so BEAUTIFUL! WOW! It just sparkles! Great job girl!

Ginny said...

This is so beautiful and elegant! Love all of the ornaments and I can see the embossing on the larger ornament! I'll bet it loos even more beautiful in person with all the glitz!

Cyndie said...

Oh, this is such a lovely, festive card! Love that patterned paper and the way you made the most of it with your ornament stamps! Thanks for inspiring!

Shannon White said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Miss Deb! Love your Beautiful ornaments and touch of glitter! So Elegant and Pretty! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...