Tuesday 15 November 2011

Leaves ......

...  Hi everyone!  It's really autumnal here - grey, dull and the wind is blowing all the leaves off the trees - they're beginning to look really bare!  And that sort of ties in with the theme at this week's Less is More - LIM41 challenge.  Chrissie and Mandi would like us to make a one layer card featuring:

LEAVES

I do have a few sets of leaves, but I decided to have a play.  I found some clipart of two leaves and printed it onto plain paper.  I cut the leaves leaving a stencil which I attached to my card.  I inked through the stencil with a few distress inks and then stamped some images - they're faint, but they are there!  Next I put one of the cut out leaves on the edge of the card - as though it is falling off - and stippled some colour around the edge of the leaf - leaving a ghostly leaf image.  I added some colour to the other cut out leaf and attached it in front of the two stenciled images.  While I know this is a one layer card - there is no actual depth to the leaf, it lies flat on the card.  I had to add the leaf, as the card looked unbalanced without it!  Finally I added a sentiment.


Stamps:  Papermania Urban Stamps - Type Print, Bird Print
Inks:  Distress - Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Gathered Twig
Accessories:  Clipart from Internet and card from stash

I've just had a quick look at the LIM blog - and I'm really quite late with my card - but it's been a busy old weekend.   That's all for now.  I'm off to put some more washing into the machine and then back into my craft room.  I really do have to get my design cards made as it's only a week until Kathryn and I fly to the US!!!!  Can you tell I'm excited?  See you later!

22 comments:

Pauline said...

This is a fabulous leafy card Deborah, love the clever design, and the clever inking.

Mandi said...

This is simply terrific Deborah
you aren't late at all, either
Thank you as always
Mandi LIM

Jeanne J. said...

Hi Deborah!! Love your leaves - definately feels like fall to me! The inking really makes this a stand out! Thanks for sharing some beauty on a grey November day!

Jackie said...

Superb card Deborah, I love the 'ghost leaf' in the corner :o)
Jackie xx

G Peplow said...

Hi there Deborah, Great design and Autumnal colours here, love the shadow effect :0)
Are you staying in the USA or holidaying? You have mentioned this before but I've been around only sketchily lately, I hope you aren't going for good? I would miss you:0) Gay xxx

Jenny said...

Such a fab card Deborah, perfect for the challenge and a good mix of techniques too :)
Hope you manage to make your DT cards!
Jenny x

Pauline said...

Lovely card. the colors are grate. It was really special how you did the sentiment with the shadow.

Lynne said...

Brilliant card Deborah. Great technique and a lovely finish.
Lynne xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

It's always intriguing to see what you come up with for the LIM. Hope you get it all done for next week too.
Paula (PEP)

Gibmiss said...

Hi Deborah
Fabulous take on the Challenge ...stunning card ....
Hugs sylvie
xxxx

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Deborah.. super card.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a clever technique for creating the leaves Deborah. Beautiful Autumn colours - love it!
Sylvia xx

Tara Cardwell said...

This is a real wow Deborah - love the stamping into your inked leaves - great texture and lovely technique.
Tara x

Unknown said...

You are attempting a cleaver designs ,with the using of Autumn colors with the comb of the autumn leaves ,looks extra ordinary work in here....Cool:):):)
Transparent business cards
Pvc cards

Cath Wilson said...

What a shame it isn't one layer but it's a beautiful card. Love the leaf on the bottom right - great idea to finish off the card. I love North Wales - you're truly blessed to live there! We don't live too far away and it's our choice for days out x

Marrigje said...

Lovely card. I love the leave silhouette in the corner.

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah

Anne

Linby said...

Great card - love the technique.
Linbyx

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, fab technique

Buf xx

Canonbury creations said...

Fab card Deborah it really stood out when I was looking through the LIM entries:)
Val x

Loli said...

Hola Deb, thank you for your very beautiful comment:D
Oh Deb a really autumnal card, good idea your clipart leaves, fab techinque, i like the shadow on the botton right, i think it's a very romantic card, the autumn, the wind, the leaves...Well done Deb.
A hug from Palma

Susan said...

Deborah, you've been very creative this week! Love this card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...