Saturday 5 November 2011

Home sweet home ....

.... while I love going to visit my Mum, there's nothing nicer than getting back into your own home!!  We had a good journey back and the last part was in glorious sunshine!  It's now ¼ to 5 and the sun has set and it's getting dark and cool.  I've had a quick look at Less is More and Waltzingmouse Sketch challenges - they look like fun.  Sadly, I don't I'm going to get a card made this evening.  I think I'm going to get some laundry on and then settle down to watch Strictly Come Dancing and Merlin - with a large glass of wine.

I spoke to Jonathan today - he's had a good week at work and this weekend he plans to explore a bit.  He said that driving on the right take a bit of getting used to, but he's coping well and today plans to go Novi.  I've had a look on Google Earth to see the layout of the area and have realised that Novi is quite close to Farmington Hills.  Hopefully Jonathan will take some photos that I can have a look at tomorrow.

Several people have asked in their comments when and where we'll be going to in the US.  Well Jonathan is in Farmington Hills, Detroit right now.  Provided the project that Jonathan is working on gets the go ahead, the plan is that early next year (about February) Kathryn and I will be coming to join him.  I'm keeping everything crossed that we get the green light.  I'd love to visit the US.  So far the only place I've been is New York for a week.  I think the idea of a few years living in the States is so exciting.

Anyway, that's all for now.  Do drop by tomorrow for the new CR84FN challenge - we have some lovely colours for you to play with.  See you then!

5 comments:

Stella said...

Enjoy your weekend and I hope that the dream of living a few years in the USA will come true....Sounds lovely.
Have a great time with your mum and enjoy!!
Hugs,
Stella
XX

Paula (PEP) said...

I know what you mean about getting home - I'm just not a traveller at all. Hope you have a good evening.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

It's always lovely to get home isn't it?! Fingers crossed that the US move gets the go ahead Deborah.

Charmaine Stack said...

Deb, there is a big stamp and scrap convention in August each year in Novi, MI put on by Heirloom Productions. You'll have fun when you get to the States!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sure hope you get to visit the US Deb! Unfortunately, I live many miles away from Detroit. Would have loved to have met you IRL :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...