Monday 21 November 2011

We have heat ....

....  yippee!!!!  The engineer arrived this morning - bang on time - had a look at my boiler and told me the fan was the problem.  He's made a temporary fix and we now have heat - the house is currently 18°C - about 3°C warmer than yesterday.  I feel so much better :)  He's coming back tomorrow to replace the fan and that should hold the boiler for another few months!!

And I have a card to share with you - made for this week's Less is More - LIM42 - where the theme is to use silhouettes in your card design.  Chrissie and Mandi have provided a definition for silhouette as follows:

n:  A silhouette is the image of a person, an object or scene consisting of the outline and a basically featureless interior with the silhouetted object usually being black

I've made another card for my Christmas collection - I still have quite a few to make, so I'm using challenge themes to help me with designs.  The image I've used is from Joanna Sheen's wonderful CD - Dancing with Shadows - where all the images are silhouettes - so I may have another card to share before the end of the week!!


The hardest thing about this card was find the right shade of card to make the mat.  I cut out the largest Fleur de Lis Square and then cut out a section in the middle to make it the right size for the image.  Finally, I added this really simple sentiment - it's what Christmas is really all about!

Image:  From Joanna Sheen - Dancing With Shadows CD (which doesn't look to be available anymore)
Spellbinders:  Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) #4
Accessories:  Card and stamp from stash

It started out so bright this morning, but is now really grey and dull, and there's fog creeping in.  I don't want the fog to hang around.  It's been playing havoc with flights from Heathrow.  We're flying on Wednesday, so I'm hoping that a strong wind blows up and clears all the fog away :)  I'm off to sort out clothes and bits for our trip.  See you later!!

22 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

YOu must be so pleased to have your heating back.....especially as they say its getting colder...

Lovely card, love the frame around it..

Anne

Rosemary said...

lovely card, deborah... so glad that you have heat, again!

Sue said...

A gorgeous card Deborah. I have this cd but haven't noticed this lovely image. Must dig it out and have another look. Glad to hear you're nice and warm again. Sue.x

Cath Wilson said...

That's a beautiful image - really love this card x

Paula (PEP) said...

Glad you're warmer again. This is a super card for it really sums up the meaning of the celebration.
I like the way you have offset the image & balanced it with the sentiment.
Paula (PEP)

Vicky Hayes said...

Yay - heating! It's amazing how much we miss it when it's not there! A great card for the LiM challenge Deborah and the ornate mat is perfect for the image.

kingstonmama said...

This is lovely, Deborah. What a beautiful image and mat. Glad to hear you have heat. :) Ann Y.

Jeanne J. said...

So glad you're warming up!!!! Makes you appreciate the little things! Love your card - I think the frame looks perfect with the nativity scene! Beautiful card Deborah!

G Peplow said...

Excellent card Deborah, I'm so glad you've got your heating fixed, it's miserable being cold, Gay xxx

Beryl K said...

I love this one Deborah. Glad you've got your heating fixed
Beryl x

Jenny said...

Great image Deborah and I agree...perfect sentiment too :)
Glad you finally got the boiler looked at...you don't need that worry while you're away..only 2 sleeps now..eek!
Jenny x

GinaA said...

What a beautiful nativity image, and the sentiment goes with it beautifully.
So pleased you have some heat again.
Have a safe journey.

Pauline said...

Glad you have your heating back on! It's been quite cold the last few days! A lovely card Deborah, a really wonderful silhouette.

Marrigje said...

This is a beautiful christmas card!

Chrissie said...

It's dreadful when systems fail isn't it... we're not equipped to cope with the cold in a normally centrally heated home.
Glad you've got heat again.
Great idea to cut down the frame, I think I may have tended to go with black gold for that. It actually looks yellow on my monitor... what colour is it in reality?
Super card anyway!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jackie said...

A beautiful card and image. Thank goodness you have your heating back before it cools down at the weekend! :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

A beautiful simple and elegant card... TFS cheers JuLIe

http://9-2-midnight.blogspot.com

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply gorgeous Deb! Hope you have a safetrip

Mandi said...

Glad you have heat again DEborah
Super card, great silhouette
Thank you so much
mandi LIM

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card Deborah and I love that frame! xx

Susan said...

Deborah, that is a beautiful scene...stamped well too! LOVE the sentiment you added and great job on piecing the frame back together!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, Deb!!! SO glad you got your heat back--but that exclamation was for your fabulous card!!! It's absolutely stunning! LOVE your framed image! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...