Sunday 27 November 2011

Be good .....

... another of my scheduled posts, while I'm visiting Detroit.  At the time of writing the forecast for today is a temperature of 8°C (average 5°C) with a good chance of rain - but who knows what it's actually going to be like!!!

It's week two of the CR84FN43 challenge with our lovely colours of green, tan and brown.  I really like these rich colours.  The inspiration photos are courtesy of Beccarillo Photography.


This time I've made a Christmas card - still working towards that 150 cards that I need!  I started off with the big Santa image from Around Christmas time.  I stamped it, cut it out with my nesties and then coloured it.  I used Promarkers fro the hat, a Sakura stardust pen for the bell, glitter for the hat trim and flock for the beard!  It was such fun and I ended up covered in glitter and flock.  I cut some mats in brown, tan and dark green.  Before attaching to the card base I stamped some pine cones in Versamark, heat embossed with clear powder to give a tone-on-tone look.  I attached the coloured Santa image to a mat cut from the pearly tan card.  Finally I added a couple of pine cones that I'd stamped onto the brown card.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Around Christmastime, Festive Foliage
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Spellbinders:  Pinking Circles Lg (S4-170) # 5, Standard Circles Lg (S4-114) #5
Promarkers:  Lush Green, Emerald
Accessories:  Glitter, Sakura Stardust Pen, Flock and card from stash

For more inspiration - check out the CR84FN blog to see what Mackie, our Guest Designer and the rest of the team have for you. 

That's all for now.  Catch you soon.

12 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the colours of your card Deborah, hope you are having a great time

Anne

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, I really love the pine cones :o)
Jackie xx

Pauline said...

This is lovely Deborah! His hat looks fabulous in green, and I'm thinking this image would make the most lovely tags. I may have to get this set now as you're card is so beautiful!

Jen Adcock said...

This is a gem, indeed! I just love those pinecones. So fantastic! Your composition is stellar. What a festive beauty.

Rosemary said...

beautiful christmas card, deborah!

Unknown said...

So beautiful, Deb! Love the wonderful Santa image and all the surrounding foliage!

Suzanne C said...

What an adorable Santa image! Lovely design! Thanks for the wonderful Thanksgiving cheer! I hope you had a good one!

Sue Lelli said...

Deb, LOVE the versamark and clear embossed pine cones! LOVE that FAB Santa with just the most perfect sentiment! It's just so clever! LOVE the brown pinecones you added! Great card!

Jenny said...

Fab card Deborah, love the stamped bkgd especially :)
Jenny x

Lisa Elton said...

Splendid holiday card Deborah! Your santa is colored and decorated beautifully!

Vickie Z said...

Lovin' that Santa image and all those pinecones are perfect!!

igła i nitka said...

Beautiful Christmas card reminding what we have to do to get gifts:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...