Thursday 3 November 2011

Thanks .....

... sometimes you just need a card to say thank you for being there.  Well, I've made this card for my Aunt and Uncle - they live about five minutes from my Mum, and I'm more grateful than they know, that they are there for Mum.  This will be especially important to me, when we go to the US next year.

I've used the sketch from this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC71 and the soft, pretty colours from the new Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC106.














I've used my all time favourite set from WM - Free Spirit.  The set is aimed at teenage boys, but I often use it for general cards - the free form circles are great for backgrounds and the hibiscus flower is so pretty.  I inked up the stamp with Versamark and then overlaid several shades of pink and yellow, once stamped I sprinkled on Kaleidoscope embossing powder which has a lovely sparkle once heated.  I used my nesties to cut out the background and then added subtle colour to the border and mounted it onto a lacey square.  The flowers were stamped twice and coloured with Promarkers, then cut out and layered.  Finally, I added some ribbon and a sentiment label - thanks!



Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Freespirit - Boy, Rescue Remedies Additions
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink; Memento - London Fog
Spellbinders:  Lacey Squares (S4-295) #5, Classic Squares Lg #7
Accessories: Promarkers, Kaleidoscope embossing powder, ribbon and card from stash

I've been a bit naughty taking time to make this card - but I wanted to get a card in for WMSC - I should be packing!!  Well that's all for now, off to load the car.  See you soon.

20 comments:

Carla said...

this is nice!!!!!!
love from Holland

Tara Cardwell said...

Really lovely soft and pretty card :-D
Tara x

Pauline said...

What a fab card Deborah, and so nice to give something truly from the heart - your sentiment is perfect, and I love the combination of stamps too, so pretty with these pastel inks.

Teresa Kline said...

this is soooo sweet Deborah, your little flowers are so cute...hope you have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Camilla said...

Love the colour variation and the super sweet flowers. This set is on my wishlist now...

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the soft pastel color palette! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a lovely 'thank you card' very pretty colours.

Anne

Marta said...

Wonderful!
I love the flowers and colours.

Mynn xx said...

Such a pretty feminine look to this card, Deborah! Where in the US will you be living? Maybe somewhere near me?! :) Good luck with the packing--the US will love having you here!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love how you use this set, Deb! Such pretty, soft colors and that ribbon is yummy! Great job and I wish you all the best in your transition to the US! It will be nice to have you here! :)

Cathy Weber said...

This card is so pretty with it's soft colors. Those circles do make a great background and how sweet of you to make this for your aunt and uncle. When are you coming to the US?

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card :)
Jackie

Stella said...

I'vee seen cards made by you with thisstamp before; by inking it up with diofferent colors andd as a part of another design you turned it into a jaw dropper again. Such a lovely card to receive;and it shows off your talent...
Hugs,
Stella

Vicky Hayes said...

You make this stamp look different every time Deborah! Have fun with your mum!

Paula (PEP) said...

Those lacey squares work beautifully with your Free Spirit stamp - lovely thoughtful gesture too.
Paula (PEP)

Michelle (aka Meechelle) said...

Very pretty! That is one of my favorite Nestabilities dies.

Kelly S. said...

I always love when you use Free Spirit, Deborah! You always show so many fun and lovely ways to use it. I wouldn't think to use it on a feminine card, but then you went and made such a pretty one! The pastel colors and the flower look awesome on this!

Lisa Elton said...

Just delightful Deborah! Love the repeated circles theme and the pretty blooms!

Denise said...

I love how you used this set for a more feminine card... perfect for this week's color story. Thanks so much for joining us in the Cafe!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is just beautiful, Deb! And I know that your Aunt and Uncle will appreciate it so! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...