Friday 18 November 2011

Getting into the Christmas Spirit ....

..... now that we're more than half way through November, I am most certainly getting into the Christmas Spirit.  And the card I'm sharing with you today is a Christmas card that I've made for three challenges:
  1. St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - where we'd like you to make a Christmas card any theme you like!
  2. Colour Q - cQc111 - super colours
  3. Clean & Simple - FTL166 - a lovely sketch













While I really like the Colour Q challenge colours, they really are quite autumnal and, as I wanted to make a Christmas card, I decided to have only a splash of the Pumpkin Pie and Crumb Cake.  I concentrated on the Pear Pizzazz and Rich Razzleberry.  I started off by making the bottom and backing panels for the card.  I used the lovely Nordic Winter set from Waltzingmouse and stamped the images in Rich Razzleberry.  I kept the tag quite simple as I wanted the stamped image to really stand out.  I stamped the image in Rich Razzleberry onto white card, cut it out using my nesties and coloured the edge of the panel.  I layered this onto some Crumb Cake and Pumpkin Pie card.  Finally I punched a hole and added some matching ribbon.


I must apologise for the quality of the photo - it's dark and I'm having to do the best I can with my desk light!!  I think I'd like a light box for Christmas :)

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Seasonal Remedies, Nordic Winter
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Rich Razzleberry
Spellbinders:  Mega Rectangles Lg (S4-142) #2
Accessories:  Stampin' Up! card in Pear Pizzazz, Crumb Cake and Pumpkin Pie; Ribbon and card base from stash

There's still plenty of time to join in with our challenge over at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - this month we'd like you to make a Christmas card - any theme you like!  And there's a prize too - we have a couple of lovely stamps donated by Lili of the Valley Stamps - they're just fab!  Do join us!!

That's all for now - Mum and I are going into town this morning - last chance before Mum goes home!!  See you later.

11 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Very inventive with those colors for the Xmas theme - I like your backgrounds which really do remind of cross stitch.
Paula (PEP)

Stamps and Paper said...

ANother lovely Christmas card Deborah...love these colours together and your background really does look like cross stitch...

Anne

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Deborah, love the lane and fab stamped background.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Deborah - and who would have thought those colours would work so well for a Christmas card?! I have a little pile of cards waiting to be sent off to St Lukes ... must get those off.

Jenny said...

I love how you've used those Nordic stamps Deborah, the colour-way is fabulous with them :)
Wonderful card.
Jenny x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Sasha said...

Fab CAS card, Deborah. I love those Nordic stamps. Claire at WMS certainly did the right thing having those made, the Nordic design is everywhere this season:)

Mynn xx said...

This is adorable! LOVE that you used these colors for a Christmas card--fabulous! :) I really love that awesome needlepoint stamp! :)

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, love the colors of this.

Arielle H Gordon said...

LOVE the stamps, the layout, the way you used the colors - AWESOME card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the ColourQ this week!

LeAnne said...

Lovely creation, Deb---a great use for those wonderful WM stamps (wish I could have them ALL) and our colors! Thanks for playing with us at CQC this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...