Thursday 17 November 2011

A playful Christmas waltz ....


.... I was checking my favourite challenges earlier and saw the new colours for The Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC108 - warm, rich colours - maroon, copper and turmeric!  Just yummy!  And I had to play immediately and, as I'm still making cards for this year's Christmas Collection, it is only natural that this is part of the Waltzmingmouse Blog Waltz too.  Oh yes, the layout is based on the super sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC73.














I thought the PDCC colours were perfect for a luxurious Christmas card and I've finally played with my wonderful Seasonal Remedies stamps.  I stamped the Joy square all over the base of my card - to get a subdued colour I stamped off each image before stamping onto the card.  I cut out two mats in cherry cobbler and copper linen effect mirri card and used some lovely copper ribbon from my stash.  I stamped the Joy image three times - and then cut out some layers to decoupage.  Finally I added a little ornament tag onto which I stamped one of the super Nordic Winter images. 


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Seasonal Remedies, Nordic Winter
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler
Spellbinders:  Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) #3, Standard Squares Sm (S4-128) #5, Mega Scalloped Rectangles Lg (S4-143) #4, Mega Rectangles Lg (S4-142) #4
Accessories:  Card and ribbon from stash

I really enjoyed the Waltz this morning - so many fabulous cards and projects!  Now, that's all for today as I'm off to the shops.  See you all tomorrow!

35 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, This is gorgeous, love all the layers and the colours too, Gay xxx

Tara Cardwell said...

Totally scrumptious and gorgeous! 2 waltz cards already - I'm late with my first :(
Tara x

Cheryl said...

Oooo, love that pretty coppery linen paper. You did a fab job stamping the bg paper--it looks beautiful. Great layering and the little Nordic ornament brings back memories of my knitting days. Perfect for a winter card.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Great use of the PDC colors and love that spellbinder die!

Renee said...

So elegant Deb!!
Love the colors...
and all that fabby embossing!
Beautiful! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Love the stamped background and the layered label! Thanks for joining along with the WM waltz and WMSC :)

Julia Aston said...

The gold on this is just lovely Deborah! It looks like a lovely candy bar on the card!! Wonderful background stamping too!

Super Jen said...

Love the metallic look on this one.

jimlynn said...

What a beautiful card! Love it.
Lynn

Karen H. said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors you chose. Great job with the sketch too!

Clare said...

LOVE the stamped background and gorgeous copper! Fabulous!

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Deborah, so warm, and wonderfully stamped!

Joyce said...

This is stunning. I'm impressed that you were able to combine all those challenges. I love the shimmery copper.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...great Deb. These warm and luscious colors look amazing.

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL! That color combo is just LOVELY!!!
Have a GREAT day! Happy Waltzing!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a stunning bg, and I love the colors you used on the main "Joy" medallion!! Gorgeous!!

Jeanne J. said...

Oh WOW Deborah! I think this is one of your best EVER! Love the background - genious. And all the metallic copper really makes this a stand out!! Really Elegant and Beautiful!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Beautiful! LOVE how you stamped the bg - perfect design and wonderful colors too!

Sharron said...

Fabulous card, Deborah! The stamped background is wonderful. And the copper really looks gorgeous. What a beautiful rich color--love it!

Bumblebee said...

wow, gorgeous colours, and I love your background!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Deb, I LOVE the stamped background, it's beautiful! Great take on the sketch, too!

Kelly S. said...

That copper is delicious with that label image! It so authentic looking...like you were working hard out in your metal shop :) The background you created with the image is so fantastic, too! Fantastic creativity, Deborah!

Cathy Weber said...

This is such pretty patterned paper you created. Wow, that copper makes it look so luxurious. Just a spectacular job on this one Deb. Reall great.

LaurieJ said...

So pretty! The color scheme is just delicious. And the background is wonderful.

Paula (PEP) said...

The ornament tag is a lovely detail & I just love those colours. Your criss corss ribbon is a super interpretation of the sketch too. Hope you had a successful shop - we're off to Cadiff Friday (today).
Paula (PEP)

Carla said...

wow! those colors! really rich colors! I like it very much. love from Holland

Cammie said...

Wowzer! This is so rich, and the detailed focal point is amazing!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Truly festive creation, so detailed and shimmery! Thank you for joining the Mischief Makers in the sketch challenge this week :)

Kim Duran said...

Wow! I love how you've created the background from the Seasonal Remedies set! And the copper ribbon is such a pretty compliment! Gorgeous, Deborah!

Helen Berry said...

Ooo, i love the richness of the copper ribbon and card and your stamped background looks FAB!! Simply lovely card Deb xx

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love this! Your background stamping is perfect and that copper with the burgundy is such a lovely combo!

rudlis said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words.

Kim Heggins said...

So rich and elegant. Just beautiful with all of the copper colors and the details are just perfect.

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Deborah...this is just so elegant! Love those stamps and the colors are absolutely perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER pretty--I LOVE that background image and those die cuts--LOVE that ribbon too!! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...