Tuesday 1 November 2011

Deck the halls .....

... it's the 1st of  November and time for our new challenge at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge - the theme this month - and you won't be at all surprised to see, is -

to Deck the halls with any sort of Christmas card.

You can make a clean and simple design, a shabby chic or vintage card, a funny card, an elegant card and, of course, one based on the story of Christmas.  We can't wait to see what you come up with.


The inspiration for my card came from Kathryn's new pyjamas!  Yes, really!  We were out last Saturday and found a really fun pair of Fair Isle PJs - in shades of purple, turquoise and pink - we got them!  And some of you have already seen cards I've made with the new Waltzingmouse Nordic Winter set - well  - it had to be!  This is a photo of Kathryn's PJs - aren't they just wonderful?


  The Nordic theme is everywhere this Christmas - and I love it!  Here's my take on the PJs.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nordic Winter
Inks:  Marvy le Plume II Pens - Manganese Blue, Pink, Pale Violet
Accessories:  Card from stash

To line up the borders, I used Claire's tip of putting them both face down on my glass mat and then placing the acrylic block on top - works a treat!  Then I coloured the stamps with the Marvy pens.  As it takes a while to colour both borders, the ink dried a little, and to reactivate it you simply huff onto the stamps.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the purple deer, the blue stars and the sentiment.  Kathryn was thrilled with this card and I'm delighted that it turned out so well.  It wasn't the card I had in mind when I first saw our challenge - but you'll get to see that one later this month!

The winner of November's challenge will win a couple of rubber stamps, kindly donated by Lily of the Valley.  Good luck.


 







For more inspirational Christmas cards - please check out the DT blogs :


Don't forget if you can spare your card you can send it to St Luke's Hospice to go into the next sale that Tara organises. For full details check the side bar here.

You know, we had over 50 entries to the "Let's hear it for the boys" challenge - you guys are so creative and have shown that making cards for guys isn't that hard after all :)

Right, over to you - I'm really looking forward to seeing your Christmas cards.  See you all later.

16 comments:

Mynn xx said...

I am just loving all of your cross stitch cards--they are gorgeous! I have some blog awards that I would like to pass on to you--please stop by to grab them and see why I appreciate having you in my life! :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Such a beautiful cross stitch look Christmas card and the colours are just gorgeous.

Anne

Pauline said...

Love Kathryn's PJs, and your take on the colours with the Fair Isle knit stamps is perfect, a gorgeous Christmas card!

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, I just love those PJs :o)
Jackie xx

Lynne said...

This scandinavian look is fabulous and using Kathryns PJ`s as inspiration is...inspirational lol.
Brilliant card.
Lynne xxx

Vicky Hayes said...

This fabric is a brilliant inspiration - I love your fair isle card!

Jenny said...

As you say...great minds eh! Love the contemporary colour combination. I can't believe how alike the actual patterns are on the PJ's...it's like they were designed by Claire Brennan too!
Jenny :)

Clare said...

LOVE the color combo you used with the Nordic Winter set!! Great take on the PJ's!!

Tara Cardwell said...

Can't believe you found PJ's to match the stamps! You'll have to send a photo to Claire. It makes such a great card too.
Tara x

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours you've used, what fab PJ's.xxxx

G Peplow said...

Fabulous card Deborah, love the colours together, thank heavens for pyjamas LOL Gay xx

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...looks like Claire made that set just for your pajamas! =) Fantastic job with this card...love this color combination too. Lovely work, Deb.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Deb! Great use of the WM Nordic stamps! Love all the pretty colors!

Karen B. said...

Wow, now that is a fantastic use of colors! Love the use of the opposites too, makes for a great design.

Paula (PEP) said...

I had to chuckle at the idea coming from pyjamas - very effective though & I love the colours.
Paula (PEP)

Sarn said...

Fabulous! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...