Monday 28 November 2011

Sending birthday greetings ....

... hi all - this is another of my scheduled posts.  I'm sharing another birthday card made using the layout from the current Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL167 and colours from a previous CR84FN challenge - the bright, zingy colours from CR84FN34.














This birthday card is for Anne - another of the St Luke's Design Team.  Anne - Happy Birthday - have a super day!!   It's really weird - all our birthdays are in November/December and June!!  It's been so dull and grey, that I had to make a bright, cheerful card (that's why I went back to these lovely CR84FN colours).


I started off by stamping the single agapanthus flower randomly on the base card.  I used my nestie to cut the base mat in pale yellow pearly card, and I threaded pink and yellow ribbon through the holes - I like this effect.  The agapanthus cluster was stamped in deep pink onto plain white card, and I used the out-of-the box technique to cut it out with my circle nestie, and then attached it to the yellow mat.  I stamped the Flowerfly onto white card and painted with my aqua brush, adding some sparkle once I'd cut it out.  Before attaching the butterfly, I made some pink wire antennae!  Finally, I stamped the sentiment onto plain card and used a Fancy Tag to cut it out, added a bit colour to define the label. 

Stamps:  Stampendous - Agapanthus Bloom, Agapanthus Cluster, Flowerfly; Docrafts - Whisper Words
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette
Spellbinders:  Beaded Circles (S4-292) #4, Standard Circles Sm (S4-116) #6, Fancy Tags Two (S5-030)
Accessories:  Ribbon, card and wire from stash

That's all for now.  See you soon.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Deborah! Love the fresh colours, and the pretty flower stamp and butterfly, just the right thing to cheer us up on a cold grey day here in Blighty!

Stamps and Paper said...

How lucky was I to receive this gorgeous card....thank you Deborah so much. The colours are so vibrant your photo certainly doesn't do the card justice...

Anne

Buffy said...

Totally amazing card

Buf xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...