Thursday 1 December 2011

Let it snow ....

... this post was prepared before I headed out to Detroit - so I may even be experiencing snow now!!!  Well, it is December 1st - coming towards the end of the year - and time for the new St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.  You won't be too surprised to see that we're keeping the Christmas theme, but this time with a more frosty feel - the theme is:

Let it snow!!

We want to see snowflakes, icicles, snowmen (or women), frosty cards - all things cold and frosty - penguins, reindeer and polar bears count too - they live in frosty realms!! 


I don't know how many of you have managed to watch the Create and Craft TV shows with Sue Wilson; they were fabulous shows.  Sue loves Spellbinder dies (so do I) and she uses them beautifully.  My card owes a lot to her and particularly to the white and blue card here


I've been quite literal with my interpretation of our theme - frosty blue and teal snowflakes!!  This is a large 8" × 8" card.  I started off by finding some ice-blue pearl card, plain white card and glitter paper in my stash.  I cut them into nesting mats and attached them to the card base.  Before attaching the white card I pricked the edge all the way round.  Then I found all my Spellbinders snowflake dies selected some and cut them out.  While still in the dies I dusted the snowflakes with either pale blue or pale teal ink.  I cut the beautiful label frame out of the blue card, but it disappeared into the glitter paper, so I added a bit of colour to make it stand out.  The sentiment was stamped in London Fog and I added glitter to the word "snow" and to the stamped snowflakes.    A very special card - I think this is going to be sent to my mother and father-in-law.


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Compliments of the Season
Inks:  Memento - London Fog; Stampin' Up! - Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise
Spellbinders: Fancy Tags Two (S5-030), Petit Ovals Lg (S4-138) #1, Create a Flake Three (S4-340), 2010 Snowflake Pendant (S4-286), Create a Flake One (S4-222), 2011 Snowflake Pendant (S5-054)
Accessories:  Card, glitter paper and glitter from stash

Here are some close up pictures of the snowflakes - they really are so pretty.


I think the big snowflake pendant is just gorgeous - it's from the 2011 Snowflake pendant set - and I've used it to make a hanging ornament for my Christmas tree - here.



We had lots of lovely entries last month - and I'm really looking forward to seeing your creations this month.  And for more inspirational cards - check out my fellow DT's blogs:


As always, if you can spare you card (or cards) you can send them to St Luke's for the next sale - check out the blog for full details.

This month I am delighted to be donating our prize - a set of Waltzingmouse Stamps - Tara and I just adore Claire's designs, and I thought it would be nice to share one of my favourite sets with the December winner.  The winner will receive Dainty Doilies - Large - see the picture to check out the stamps:


That's all for now - as of today date there are 24 days until Christmas - so you've still got time to make those last few Christmas cards - and I can't wait to see your creations.  Bye for now!

9 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

This is just stunning Deborah - I love the frosty colours and all the spellbinder dies (I love those too!) It is making me feel very chilly but I bet I'm not as cold as you are at the mo ;-)
Tara x

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty Deb. Those snowflakes are gorgeous, and I love the shimmery background! :o)

Paula (PEP) said...

Stunning - super paper piercing & also terrific dimension with your layering.
Paula (PEP)

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Deborah and your snowflakes are gorgeous
They certainly have that frosty feel about them and great u se of your spellbinder dies

Anne

Pauline said...

A gorgeous card Deborah, love those spellbinders snowflakes and the blue frosty colours.

Hope you're enjoying your REAL snow and wrapping up warm, heavy rain forecast for here today!

Jenny said...

Just gorgeous Deborah, you've certainly given it the chill factor!!! Love the subtle pastels on the snowflakes, such pretty dies :)
Jenny x

Mynn xx said...

Oh, wow! This is absolutely fantastically gorgeous!!! LOVE all the shimmer and detail--LOVE it, Deb!!! :)

Cheryl said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! These are the most beautiful snowflakes I've seen yet! I love the big layered one in the bottom right corner. It would make such a great ornament. I thought I was going to be able to refrain from buying anything for awhile, but I may just have to get these SB dies. ~Hugs, Cheryl

Vicky Hayes said...

Your card certainly is beautifully frosty! It was 0 degrees here this morning too although without the wind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...