Thursday 24 October 2013

Skater dude ....

Hi!  Hope your day is going well - mine's not bad at all.  I've been out shopping and done some decorating for Halloween!  The house is now adorned with pumpkins, corn and scarecrows!  I've even managed to make a card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Free Spirit Boy; PTI - Skater Dude
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Not Quite Navy, Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding
Dies: PTI - Skater Dude Die
Accessories:  SU Card - Not Quite Navy, Baked Brown Sugar; White Lustre Card

This card is for a few challenges:

I decided to use my all time favourite WMS set - Free Spirit Boy - to create the background.  I really like the tribal style images and the cute skater dude.  I stamped the runway onto white card, cut it out and added it to the card.  The skate board was made from a die cut and stamp - new from PTI - and perfect for my son, Ben.  Ben really likes skate boarding - not sure his knees do though!!  For the inside I cut a mat in navy and on the white card I used the negative to sponge on a few more skateboards.  Finishing with a celebratory sentiment.  I wasn't sure how the colours would work on a guy card, but actually they work really well!


I'm off out to a Stampin' Up! meeting tonight for a few hours crafting - a super way to spend the evening!  I'll post pictures soon. 

As I'm submitting this card to the Waltzingmouse PJ Party Bedtime Story sketch - I think I'll take the opportunity to remind all you WMS fans of our sketch challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics.  We have a fun sketch and would love to see what you make with it.



You have until Thursday 31st October, 5.00pm GMT (1.00pm EDT).  The only thing we ask is that you include at least one WMS image or sentiment.  That's all for now.

14 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Great card for a young man, the most of challenging of all cards to make for me! The colors are terrific, too. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players, Deborah!

Mona Pendleton said...

So fun Deb! Perfect masculine card!

LeAnne said...

Very cool card....definitely a great stamp set to have for those young dudes! Thanks for playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

Pauline said...

Fab card Deb, those colours are funky!

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card for a boy Debs and love the skateboard...

ANne

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulously fun card.

Nance Leedy said...

Great combination of all the challenges. Love this stamp set and the ramp you created...thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

Melody said...

What a cute idea!! Thanks for playing with us at CTD.

Nonni said...

So cool! I love the stamps and colors! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Perfect for a guy! Another set I need to look closer at!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a fun background! Our middle son was an avid skateboarder but is grown and married now. Could have used those images about 10 years ago.

Joan Ervin said...

What a fabulous guy card...love how you created the background!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Vickie Z said...

Fun masculine card!! Making me think I need to get out this set and play!! Thanks for joining us at CTD!!

Cassandra said...

Oh Deb, I have just spotted this one and I know this is your favourite WMS stamp set - love what you have done with it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...