Wednesday 16 October 2013

Stitched up ....

... Hi!  I managed to get all the ironing done yesterday and watched some TV while I did it!!  Makes it so much easier to do.  Today's card is for a couple of challenges:


Stamps: Serendipity - Quilted Hearts Set; Stampin' Up! - Bundle of Love
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #5
Accessories:  Hot off the Press  Papers - Cardmaker's Ultimate Pack Floral; SU Markers - Soft Sky, Pink Pirouette; Buttons


I'm really pleased to be able to play along with the paper piecing challenge at Serendipity this week.  I don't have many of their stamps, but this sweet quilted heart works perfectly for the "in stitches" challenge from CAS-ual Friday.  It's a good thing the DT don't mind faux stitches, because that's all I got!!  I embossed the stitch border and then used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the heart.  I stamped the heart five more times onto some scrap paper and cut out the sections, adhering them all to the card base.  The stamp actually has a couple of buttons on it, so I decided to add a couple of real ones for dimension.   I finished the front with this clean, simple sentiment.   The inside has a mat layer from more of the design paper and on the white panel a sweet verse and some baby toys.


That's a card for my stash - you never know when you might need a baby card!  Bye for now.

9 comments:

Marybeth said...

Hi Deborah! What a great idea making this into a baby card! I love the papers you used. The inside of your cards always look as nice as the outside. Love this CAS look! Thanks so much for playing along at the Serendipity Stamps Challenge .

sandie said...

this is adorable Deborah. I do love the CAS design and the different sections of the cushion are great-I would love to hug this little cushion! The buttons were the perfect idea to give the card dimension x

Pauline said...

What a lovely baby card Deborah, the sentiment inside is lovely!
So glad you joined us at Serendipity this week!

Deb said...

Deborah, gorgeous card! Perfectly done! And yes, TV is a great way to make ironing easier. Yay for you! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jeanne J. said...

So happy to see you playing with us Deborah! I love your patch work quilt and the yummy buttons that look like gems!

Nonni said...

So cute! An adorable baby card, I love the paper pieced heart, such a quilted look! xx

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful card Deborah!

Stamps and Paper said...

Super baby card Deborah..love the heart image and you pretty buttons

Anne

Karen Amidon said...

I love the sweet papers you chose. Super cute with the real button embellies! Inside just as precious! So glad you joined us for the Serendipity Stamps Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...