Friday 18 October 2013

Pink Christmas baubles ....

.... Morning!!  It was really dull and damp yesterday, but that's okay as I got to play in my craft room - all nice, warm and cosy!!  I made another Christmas card - still working towards that figure of 140 cards!!!


Stamps:  My Favourite Things - Grand Holiday Greetings, Sheet Music Background, Ornament Banner Baubles; Cheerful Christmas Greetings
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Primrose Petals
Dies: Die-namics - Ornament Banner
Accessories:  SU Card - Raspberry Ripple, Pink Pirouette; White Lustre Card

The latest release at My Favourite Things was fabulous - I absolutely love the ornaments and sheet music stamp.  This card is 6¼" × 4½", but it open as a landscape card - so I had to make it specially.  I cut two sections of card the front being 6 3/4" × 4½" and the back 6¼" × 4½".  I scored the front card ½" from the end and folded over, applied strong adhesive and attached the back of the card and allowed it to dry.  I made the front by stamping the music background all over the white panel and adhering it to some Pink Pirouette card.  I die cut the ornament banner and stamped a selection of the baubles in different shades of pink.  I finished the front with a bold sentiment.  On the inside there's a mat of pale pink and on the white panel a bold sentiment with a couple of baubles hanging down.



I used a couple of challenges to make this card.  Over at Jingle Belles - JB:13:21 they would like us to make a Christmas card in pink - it is after all Breast Cancer awareness month.  Stef and Lauren have very generously made the following pledge:

" For each newly made holiday card that you link up, we'll donate $4 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation."

This is a brilliant cause - go along and make a pink Christmas card and link up.  The layout is sort of based on the current layout from Clean & Simple Stamping - FTL262, although I turned it on its side and put the sentiment horizontally too.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to spend some time browsing Pinterest and pinning pictures to my boards.  Well, recently I pinned a storage idea from Sharon - showing how she stored her Copics.  I rather liked the unit she used, so immediately visited Studio 3 Solutions to check it out.  I ordered the unit on Sunday and it arrived yesterday afternoon.  I'm thrilled to bits with it.  It's neat, compact, beautifully made and holds all my Copics with space for more! 


That's all for now.  Looks like it's going to be another dull day - with more rain.  Take care, see you soon.

6 comments:

chera said...

Love that you flipped it! Very nicely done!

Kim S said...

I so love this in reds and pinks. I did a big order from this MFT release - but didn't get the ornaments. I so wish that I would have! The ornaments look fantastic on the music with the bold sentiment.

Marie Bingaman said...

Oooo, this is CUTE Deborah! I like that music sheet stamp too, but I've already gotten my crafty goodies for Christmas this year...maybe start next year's list? LOL :)

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Deborah...the red and white look stunning...like your new copes storage unit too

Anne

SmilynStef said...

What a fun take on that sketch ... love the colors you used ... great pen storage too ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

lauren bergold said...

what a totally gorgeous holiday card, not to mention a brilliant take on the sketch! plus, i always love it when the inside is equally lovely, which yours really really is!!! thanks for thinking pink with us at JINGLE BELLES for a great cause! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...