Friday 11 October 2013

White on White Christmas .....

... Good morning, it's another beautiful sunny day here in Northville - mind I did spot some frost on a few front lawns this morning, so it was obviously quite chilly last night.  This card has been made with a couple of challenges in mind:


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Compliements of the Season II, Big Blooms Poinsettia, Yonder Star
Inks: Versamark; Memento - London Fog
Dies: Spellbinders - Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) #4, Squares Sm (S4-128) #6
Accessories:  Cuttlebug EF - Winter Wonderland; Silver and White Embossing Powder; White Lustre Card; White Glitter Paper; Ranger - Pearl Drops



I love white on white - I always think cards look so elegant.  This was easy to make.  I embossed the card base, cut a couple of panels and stamped the smallest poinsettia on vellum.  I then cut out the poinsettia and layered it finishing with some pearls and a white enamel dot in the centre.  The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with silver powder.  For the inside I cut a mat layer in white glitter paper and on the white panel I stamped a couple of poinsettia and a bold sentiment.


It occurs to me, as I type this post, that this card might not be clean and simple enough for Chrissie and Jen, but I'm linking it up anyway as I really like the card.  The layout is loosely based on this week's Freshly Made Sketch - I've sort of shifted it in a bit and put in a couple of layers!!  I think I'm going to have another go at this week's LIM challenge to try and make a cleaner, simpler card!  That's all for now.

8 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

So very ELEGANT, Deb! Love the fancy mat too!

Linda said...

Your cards are beautiful Deborah. The first one with the vellum poinsettia is stunning. The flower looks so delicate and I love the prety frame. xx

Deepti said...

Wow lovely!!

Chrissie said...

This looks beautiful Deborah, really delicate!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Renee said...

Gorgeous!
I love white on white and the poinsettia is stunning in vellum!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is absolutely gorgeous Deborah.

Linda Suarez said...

So beautiful and elegant! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous! I love all the white with the silver. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...