Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Attitude ....

.... Hello again!!  I'm back with a very clean and simple, and one layer, card for a couple of challenges:

Stamps:  Penny Black - Fantasy Tree; My Favourite Things - Clearly Sentimental about New Beginnings
Inks: Versafine - Vintage Sepia; Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler; Doodlebug Sprinkles; Vellum; Clear Embossing Powder


I've adapted the sketch for a square card.  I stamped the tree directly onto the card base and embossed it with clear powder.  I didn't want to hide the tree so I stamped the sentiment onto vellum and embossed that too.  I ran the vellum through my Xyron to make it self-adhesive and applied to the card.  I finished off the front with some enamel dots in co-ordinating colours.  I've left the inside very plain - simply a mat of red and on the white panel a tree - allowing space for me to write a message.  Chrissie and Jen want to see more than just leaves, so I thought this was a good opportunity to get out this stamp - I've neglected it a bit of late!


It's a gorgeous day here - with lots of sunshine and blue skies, mind there are a few dark clouds that keep coming over, but no snow or rain yet!!  Strange to think that in Chicago they had the first snowfall of the season yesterday, albeit only a dusting!  Bye for now!

8 comments:

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

LOVE this - great colours, great layou, great dots (especially that one on the vellum!) and great words from a great man!

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Debs and such a true sentiment

ANne

Deepti said...

This is beautiful Deborah :)

Betty J. said...

WOW, pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Wow, Deborah, thank you for the huge tip today that accompanied your stunning card! I never thought of running my vellum strips through the Xyron! I love that quote, it goes perfectly with your fantastic tree! This is a winner in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

Chrissie said...

Tremendous card Deborah!
Love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sid said...

What a fab card design !

Jane said...

Super card, love the simplicity of ot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...