Monday 14 October 2013

Happy Haunting ....

.... I've got a Halloween card to share with you this morning.  One of the things I really enjoy about being in the United States, is that Halloween is HUGE!!  Everyone goes to town and celebrates.  Kathryn has asked me to make some cards for her friends - well, I couldn't refuse, could I? 


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - All Hallows Eve, Spooky Tree Background; Michael's - Haunted Recollections
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate; Distress - Pumice Stone, Black Soot
Dies: Spellbinders - A2 Matting Basics A (S5-131) #5, A2 Matting Basics B (S5-132) #6
Accessories:  SU Card - Tangerine Tango, Smoky Slate; White Lustre Card, Vellum; SU Ribbon

I love the Halloween stamps that Claire makes and I'm so pleased that I've inked up this spooky abbey.  I stamped the tree background directly on the card base - it has a somewhat distressed look, but I like it.  I stamped the abbey onto white card, cut it out and then sponged on some colour suggesting a foggy morning.   I layered this onto some orange card.  I found some super Halloween stamps when I last visited Michael's and used them to stamp the skull and crossbones onto the grey panel.  I stamped the flourish from All Hallows Eve onto vellum and I didn't want to hide the tree branches.  On the inside I cut a mat in orange and on the white panel I stamped a frame, one of Claire's super poems and a skeleton!  Kathryn is really pleased with it!


I used the sketch from this week's Fusion Challenge - FUSION#19 and the colours from Colour Throwdown - CTD263, they are just perfect for a Halloween card.  And I'd like to remind all Waltzingmouse Fanatics - WMSFC#3  that our current challenge has a Halloween theme - you have until Thursday 17th October 5.00pm (Noon EST) to link up! 





That's all for now - it's going to be a busy week!!  See you soon.

12 comments:

sandie said...

fab spooky image Deborah x

Deepti said...

Like the spooky tree background Deborah :) very nice card

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your Spooky card Debs....

ANne

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE that image and your BG is FAB!

Joyce said...

This is wonderful. There is a lot of depth to this card that adds to the spooky feeling.

Bonnie said...

Ooh, what a haunting card, Deborah! Perfect for Halloween!

Renee said...

Love that spooky tree background...
perfect for that haunting castle!
And we American's do like our spooks and horror...
but you know it's really all about the candy, right? *giggle*

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome Halloween card, Deborah!!!! I love the spooky image and what a great sketch!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Great halloween card.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Great card, love that image, I am not familiar with Waltzing Mouse, I will have to check them out.

Geri said...

I can tell you enjoyed making this Deborah! LOVE all the spooky stamping and those awesome branches for the background! It all comes together for and awesome Halloween look!!! Love that you played along with the FUSION sketch, too...so glad to have you with us!!!

Pauline said...

Great card Deborah, very spooky!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...