Saturday 12 October 2013

No red or green allowed ....

..... Hello!!!  This week Danielle has given us instructions NOT to use either Red or Green on our 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown challenge.  So I was looking through my Christmas papers and nearly all of them had some red and/or green, so I expanded my search and found some wonderful Kaisercraft papers which had black, copper and dark peach.  Here's what I came up with:



Stamps: My Favourite Things - Christmas Sentiments; WMS - Yonder Star
Inks: Versamark; Distress - Wild Honey
Dies: Spellbinders - A2 Locking Loops (S5-175) #2, A2 Matting Basics B (S5-132) #3
Accessories:  Kaisercraft DP - Miss Empire; Copper card; Copper Embossing Powder; Cream Lustre Card


I don't normally use copper - a bit out of my comfort zone - but these have turned out so much better than I'd hoped.  I love the elegant scroll/stripe pattern set off against the subtle pattern in the dark peach paper.  Obviously, once I'd cut the paper to make one card, it was only sensible to use up the other halves on another card.  I used the sketch from CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S46 - works beautifully.  For the inside of both cards I cut a mat layer in copper card and on the cream panel stamped a star and sentiment which I embossed in copper to match the front of the card.


There are only ten weekends until Christmas - so, if you've not started on your Christmas cards, why not join in with this week's challenge - we'd love to see what you make.  Don't forget to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team.  Bye for now!

11 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card and I love the copper it's different..10 weekends until Christmas..that's scary

Anne

Rosmarie said...

We should do this kind of exercise more often, because it gives great results! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous Deborah and you did a great color combination!
Hugs Rosi

Susan Hogan said...

Beautiful as usual Deborah.

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely stunning, Deb! The color combo is amazing, too! I LOVE the metallic card...it's just so elegant! HUGS and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :) Mynn xx

Kim Heggins said...

Love the copper, so elegant!

Ruth M said...

Wow, Deborah, those cards are SO SO elegant! The colours are really unexpected for Christmas cards but they work perfectly with your classy design, the copper adds such richness! I love that beautiful layered stamping on the inside too!
Have a great week, Ruth x

Patricia Hays said...

OK, I have to agree that the peach is kind of different for a Christmas card, but when it's mixed in that patterned paper it looks really elegant with the copper (which I love) and the black. And yes - might as well make an additional card with the "leftovers" from the first one! :)
You did a super job combining the 52{C}CT and CAS - Colours and Sketches challenges!

Bev said...

Stunning cards Deb, and I love the first one with the copper hues. Fab!
Bev :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh wow do I ever like that copper! What a terrific color combo - it looks very elegant and festive. Hugs D

Louise van Vuren said...

I LOVE the colour combo you've chosen -it's so different and elegant. Great use of the CC&S sketch too- well done for combining the two challenges.

Louise xx

karen h said...

Gorgeous - love the copper! Thanks for joining us at CSS Colours & Sketches!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...