Tuesday 8 October 2013

Rainbow grunge ....

.... Good afternoon - it's been another glorious day here in Northville, sadly I've had a headache pretty much all day!!!  But life goes on and at Addicted to Stamps and More! it's our Anything Goes challenge.  Here's my card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Offbeat Backgrounds; Uniko Studio - Today, Tomorrow & Always; PTI - Grunge Me; Hot off the Press - Swirls
Inks: Distress - Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves; Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - London Fog
Accessories:  SU Card - Basic Black; White Lustre Card; Clear and White Embossing Powders

I'm sure that like me, many of you have Pinterest boards, and I have to admit that I tend to Pin more than I use them.  But last night I came across this picture and immediately thought it would make a fabulous card for me to send to Ben.

Photo credit
I cut a panel of white card and used a mixture of stamps from Waltzingmouse, Uniko Studio, Papertrey and Hot off the Press to create the main image.  All images were stamped and embossed.  I then cut the image into strips measuring ¾" × 3¼".  Then I sponged on rainbow colours using my Distress inks.  On a few of the strips I stamped the edge of the clock in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder.  I finished the front with a simple sentiment - I think of Ben all the time and miss him very much, but I'll see him at Christmas.  I'm sure that he only thinks of his Mum when he needs something :) For the inside I edged the white panel with a number of the images used on the front panel and left a space for me to write a note to Ben.


I'm submitting this card to a couple of challenges that are new to me: Shopping our Stash - SOS#122 where the theme is embossing times two; by that they mean two different colour powders, dry or heat embossing or two different patterns.  I got black, white and grey embossing!  Over at LEJ Designs - LEJD#74 they have a theme for Dark or Gothic, and I certainly think this card is dark, despite the rainbow!!

Don't forget to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the Team - we have a super variety of styles for you.  Looking forward to seeing your creations soon!!

15 comments:

Ardyth said...

FANTASTIC take on your inspiration! Love the use of black and white embossing and the way you split up the clock image!

stressfreestamping said...

Awesome pin and wonderful job of interpreting it! I love the black and white stamping on the colorful panels. Beautiful!

Aileen said...

For someone with a headache you have done a brilliant card. Love the detail and the colours.

Danielle Vincent said...

Fabulous bright card Deborah. I haven't gotten into Pinning too much yet. I'm afraid that I could easily become addicted to it :o)

Nonni said...

Oh wow Deborah, this is stunning! I love all of it -the colors, your stamping... Really a wonderful, crungy creation! :)

sandie said...

wow Deborah, this is stunning. I love how you were inspired. The mix of your stamps and the bright colours is perfect. This would look good if you framed it x

Kara said...

Gorgeous interpretation of your inspiration. Eyepoppingly lovely. :)

Monika Reeck said...

Oh woooowww great interpretation...I see your card on Shopping our Stash and I love your card thats why I come to see your lovely blog...I love all the colors it is rainbow colors and it is adorable...luv this much...I hope you like to see my embossing card too on my Blog...hugs from Germany, your new Blog friend, Monika

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, Deborah! This is one fabulous card.

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous colourful card Debs

Anne

Sue said...

Brilliant stamping and use of the inspiration! Love how you combined the different stamps.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Great interpretation ! I just love how you did the different strips of color! Ben is gonna think his mom is so cool!!! I am sure he is missing you, too!

crafty-stamper said...

I love your brilliant card and all the bright colours and texture -love all the swilrs and stamping and the embossing texture-and thank you for joining us this week at Lej Designs But unfortunately the dark part of our challenge meant dark as in Gothic dark spooky wise not just dark colours sorry
Carol DT x

Deepti Stephens said...

Wow! Great take on the inspiration pic and your card is so rocking, Deborah.. :)

Leslie Hanna said...

I love this! I think emboss resist is one of my favorite techniques. Great take on the pin, and thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...