Tuesday 29 October 2013

ASM - Round the Clock .....

.... Good evening everyone!  It's time for our new challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! - ASM#69 - it's our CAS week.  It seems our colours last week weren't very popular, but hopefully you'll enjoy this one more!  Here's my card:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Gorgeous Grunge; Uniko Studio - Extra Time
Inks: Memento - Peanut Brittle, Toffee Crunch, Pistachio, Espresso Truffle; SU - Sahara Sand
Accessories:  SU Card - Sahara Sand; White Lustre Card; Twine

Once again, I've gone with a more masculine card and, you've guessed it, this is another for my son Ben.  I've used a couple challenges to make it:

I really like the colours on the Uniko challenge graphic.  I cut a panel of Sahara Sand card for the mat and on the white layer I stamped the distressed stripes along the top of the card, a clock at the bottom right and a simple sentiment.  I wound some twine around the top of the card.  I adhered the white panel to the card with dimensional tape.  The inside has a mat of Sahara Sand and some more distressed stripes and space for a message to Ben.  I'm not sure whether this has enough white space for Chrissie and Jen, but it is really clean and simple!


I have CASed a card I saw on Debbie Blake's blog - she made a set of rainbow cards with the Gorgeous Grunge stamps.  I love the rainbow colours, but actually the style works really well with these colours too!  That's all for now.  See you soon.

18 comments:

stressfreestamping said...

Great masculine card! I love the panel you created with that ONE stamp!

Nonni said...

Great stamping! I love the grunge look of this and the muted colors. Very cool card.cxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great card and love the sentiment

Anne

Jackie said...

I love this beautiful card, love the fantastic distressed stripes :o)
Jackie xx

sandie said...

wow Deborah, this is just the kind of card I love-really funky and different and using just the right colour combo-love it x

Deepti said...

What a fun masculine card, I love the addition on watch dial in the corner :)

GinaA said...

Great muted colours and I like the contrast of the twine going across the vertical lines. A lovely card.

Deepti Stephens said...

Great card. Loved the sentiment a lot.. :)

Julia said...

An excellent card Deborah, I really like this one.
Julia

Sue said...

Love your colours and how you made the striped panel. Great mens card!

Beverley said...

FABULOUS card Deborah. Love that background, great use of the challenge colours. Thank you SO much for joining in on the fun at Uniko Studio :) Hugs Bev x

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty, love the colours you chose, but the names of those inks are making me feel a bit peckish!!

Hugs
Brenda

Craft-E-Place said...

This is a beautiful card - I love the design.
Elaine

Kylie said...

Just perfect, Deborah!! I love the stripes and the twine is just amazing!!! xx

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry I'm so late in visiting!
This is great Deborah I love that stamping!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Monika Skinner said...

Hi Deborah! Love the way your stamping seem s to add texture to the card. Great colours and sentiment too. Have a lovely day! hugs Monika xxx

Ren-Yi said...

hi Deb - this is fabulous! i love your CAS take on this and i'm glad you liked the colors from the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Uniko Studio.

Danielle Vincent said...

This is really cool Deborah! I love the modern feel to it. hugs D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...