Sunday 6 October 2013

Harvest card ....

.... Morning all - hope you had an enjoyable World Cardmaking Day - I had great fun making Halloween bottles and I'll post photos tomorrow!  In the meantime I've a little card (3½" x 5") to share with you this morning - there are lots of Autumn/Fall, Harvest, Thanksgiving type challenges about at the moment and this card is for three of them:


Stamps:  CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Beanstalks; Waltzingmouse - Say It Loud Winter Holiday
Inks: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Stampin' Up! - Garden Green
Dies: Spellbinders - Labels 10 (S5-022) #3
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Promarkers - Pine, Burnt Umber, Mustard, Sunflower, Warm Grey 1 & 2; SU Marker - Garden Green

This card involved masking - a technique I should do more often as it's such fun.  I stamped the central beanstalk, masked it off and repeated twice more - giving a bunch of stalks.  I used a Label 10 die to cut out the shape and also to emboss the card base as a frame.  I coloured the image with Promarkers.  In the US there are lots of multi-coloured corn heads in the shops that are used for decoration - they look fab!  And that's what I based the colours on.  I ran a green marker around the edge of the die cut shape to give a very subtle border.  I finished off with a simple sentiment stamped in green.

This card is being submitted to the following challenges:



That's all for now.  See you soon.

13 comments:

G Peplow said...

Totally CAS and beautiful, well done, your card is fab :D x

Stamps and Paper said...

Gorgeous thanksgiving card Debs...

Anne

Meghan said...

Beautiful Harvest card! So perfect for this week's cue card! Glad you joined us at CASology this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

So warm and beautiful. Love your superb masking skillz!! I am taking note! Beautiful Harvest Card!

Thanks so much for joining us this week at CASology!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Deborah! I love how you used the CASual Friday beanstalks and the colouring on them is awesome! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Sue said...

Fabulous masking and stamping, Deborah. Just perfect for the combination of challenges. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love the clean design! Beautiful CAS card using the throwdown colors!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is beautiful in its simplicity Deborah! Vicky x

A Consuming Passion said...

Great masking Deb! Love this Autumn toned card.
I got through quite a few cards for World Card making Day.........mostly DT cards that can't be shared just yet...but it's great to be on track for a change :)

Ardyth said...

I was awol from CASology last week, so I'm just catching up now - this is gorgeous and I can see why it was chosen as an honourable mention! Congrats!

stressfreestamping said...

Great job on the masking, Deborah. I never would have even known that wasn't just one stamp if you hadn't told us! Beautiful fall colors too. Thanks for playing at ATCAS. :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Cute card... sweet and simple and darling! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Darnell said...

Really sensational card, Deborah! Congratulations on the HM honor from CASology!! Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...