Monday 7 October 2013

Halloween cupcakes ....

.... Good morning everyone - I've woken up to a lovely Autumn day with soft blue skies, sunshine and a chill in the air - just fab!  I've a Halloween card to share with you this morning - I really got into the spirit of Halloween with making the Apothecary bottles on Saturday so I just carried on!



Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Vintage Witch, Cicely at Halloween, Gracie at Halloween; Impression Obsession - Inner Witch
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Elegant Eggplant; Copics - various; Sakura Stardust Clear Pen

This one was such fun to make.  The little Halloween cupcakes stamp is actually horizontal with them all in a line - so I stamped it and coloured them with Copics and Sakura Stardust pens, then I fussy cut each cake and ran them through my Xyron to make them self-adhesive.  I have the fluorescent Copics and use them on the cake decorations!  I cut a mat layer in Elegant Eggplant (black was just a bit too dark) and ran my silver marker pen around the edge of the white panel to give a very thin silver border.  The inside has a fun Halloween poem from Claire's set - Cicely at Halloween, along with a trio of bats.


I've taken photos of the card under my daylight bulb - not the best colour, but at least you can see the inside.  I also tried to take a photo to really show the glitter on the cupcake frosting!  I'll try for better photos later today!


This card uses three current challenges:



I think Halloween is one of my favourite events - it really is celebrated in style here in the US.  I'm busy getting my house ready for the Trick and Treating that will take place on Halloween when all the children around here go hunting for candy!!

Tara and I would love to see your Halloween creations at Waltzingmouse Fanatics Challenge - but I should remind you that you MUST use at least one Waltzingmouse image or sentiment on your card, or sadly your card will be removed.

That's all for now - have a good day and see you soon.

8 comments:

Julia said...

Very cute!!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabby cupcake card Deborah!!! I love those festive little treats.

Peanut said...

Oh Deborah, those cup look spookily scrumptious!
xxx Asha

Leigh Penner said...

What fabulously creepy cupcakes!
Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Betty said...

Wow, what spooky cupcakes :-D. Cool card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Bonnie said...

What a fun Halloween card! Love that verse and the fantastic cupcakes!

Ann Schach said...

What a fun card! The cupcake images are simply adorable! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oooh, I love those spook-tacular cupcakes! Too cute! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...