Wednesday 16 October 2013

Halloween cards ...

.... Good afternoon, after finishing all the washing and ironing, albeit temporarily, I manged to play in my craft room today and I've a couple of Halloween cards to share with you.  The first card is for the following challenges:


Stamps: My Favourite Things - Primitive Pumpkins; WMS - Cicely at Halloween
Inks: Kaleidacolour - Blue Breeze; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Die-namics - Primitive Pumpkins Dies
Accessories:  White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Tempting Turquoise



This card was inspired directly from the Curtain Call graphic - I just love the blue pumpkins!!!  It gave me the perfect excuse to play with these super dies and matching stamps.  The card follows roughly follows the FTL sketch.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in turquoise and stamped this super poem and a few more blue pumpkins!!!  So quick and easy.  This is the first time I've played along with Curtain Call - don't know how I missed it!!  I think thanks must also go to Rosemary, seems I've CASEd her card!!!


My next card is also for a few challenges:


Stamps: PTI - Friendship Jar Fillers
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Spellbinders - Inverted Scalloped Squares Lg (S4-196) # 5 & 6
Accessories:  White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Strawberry Slush, Lucky Limeade, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black; EK Success Punches - Spider Web Border, Bats Border; Promarkers - Pumpkin, Oatmeal, Antique Pink, Black; Sakura Silver Pen; Cuttlebug EF - Art Deco

 
Once again, this card was directly inspired by the graphic from Colour Q - love the legs on the table!  I stamped the image, cut it out, coloured with Promarkers and layered it onto a orange square.  I added some texture to the lime panel and finished off the front with a tag in pink.  I've not done the inside of this card yet!

That's all for now.  Time to get dinner started.  See you soon.

22 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your blue pumpkins and I see I need to get this set!

LeAnne said...

Both cards are wonderful....I have that Prim Pumpkin set on my wish list, myself! And your little witchy feet are adorable! Thanks for playing with our colors this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both fun and fabulous Deborah. Your blue pumpkin and that PTI witch are perfect for the challenges. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ and for the current Curtain Call!

Deepti said...

Beautiful cards, the blue pumpkins look awesome !!

Sylvia said...

Love your cQc card, Deborah, love all the dies you used, such a fun Halloween card! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.

Vicky Hayes said...

There must have been a bit of magic going on in your first card to have produced these fabulous blue pumpkins Deborah! Love the second card too with those wonderful witchy legs! I think you're really going to be going for it at halloween this year! Vicky x

Stamps and Paper said...

Two fabulous cards Deborah...especially love the Halloween card

Anne

Christina said...

Hey Deborah--you're welcome to come over and help me with my ironing if you're all caught up on yours! LOL! I'm loving your blue pumpkins and that fabulous ombre look. The inside looks great, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Curtain Call!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 fabulous Halloween cards.
I never would have thought of using blue for pumpkins, but they look amazing.
Caroline xxx

Ardyth said...

Loving the blue pumpkins that combining these challenges resulted in! Unexpected and FUN! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Marisa said...

Your blue pumpkins are too fun and love the stringed stars :) Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call :)

Maria said...

Beautiful cards! Love the blue pumpkins in different patterns! And, what a fun Halloween card!

wienerhoneymooners said...

My oh my, the blue and the brilliance of your stunning cards! Such fun on the witches feetsies!

Thanks for joining us in the FUN at CASology this week!

Joyce said...

These are both fabulous, but oh, my, do I love those witches legs!

Katie Melhus said...

Love this Halloweenie image! Great take on this week's sketch! -Katie :)

Kim S said...

Aren't blues fun on Halloween?! I love your variety of blues on those great pumpkins!! And the inside is a great touch. Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

Jen W. said...

Your blue pumpkins are so fun and I love the stars in the background! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Those witches feet crack me up and I love the embossing and die cuts you paired them with!

Gillian R said...

Love the colours and patterns of you pumpkins, great addition of the border too. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Rosie Gustafson said...

Very fun and cute cards. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges. Xx Rosie

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow Deborah - I would never have imagined blue pumpkins as looking that great!! Love the sentiment on the inside too.

The witchy legs are so fabulous - absolutely too fun and all your added details are terrific too (took me a look or two to realize those are bats in that border strip). Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABC Challenges. Hugs D

Jeanne J. said...

I love the pumpkins Deborah - the unexpected color makes me love them even more. SO cool how you got the stars different colors too! Amazing1

Sarah said...

Lovely Halloween card, love thw witches legs, perfect colours, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...