Thursday 17 October 2013

Through the square window ....

... that phrase might ring a few bells with people, as long you live in the UK!  It came from a very popular children's show - see below :)  I've made a card with a square window and through it you can see - well here it is:


Stamps:  Stampin' Up! - Festive Flurry, Sassy Sentiments
Inks: Versamark; SU - Pool Party
Dies: Fleur de Lis Squares (S4-318) #4, Squares Lg (S4-126) # 6 &7
Accessories:  SU Card - Midnight Muse; White Lustre Card; Silver Card; Silver Embossing Powder; Snowflake Fabric

I've made this card for three challenges:




As soon as I saw the word transparent, I thought of a window, but I wanted to be clever and come up with something different.  Sadly, that hasn't happened, but I've made a rather elegant window frame through which you can see the snow falling.  I made the card base from Midnight Muse and cut a square using my dies.  I lined up the white panel behind to find out where to stamp the large snowflake.  I got this snowflake fabric ages ago and it makes a super window.  I made the frame by die cutting silver card with the largest Fleur de Lis square and the square I used on the front of the card.  The sentiment is embossed with silver.  The inside of the card doesn't have a sentiment just the large snowflake and space for a message.


I also took a photo through the window focusing on the large snowflake at the back.  The other photo shows how I hid the tape used to attach the fabric.  I simply cut a frame of navy card and adhered it over the tape and rough edges.  I'm really pleased how neat it looks.



For those of you who do remember the TV show I referred to at the start of this post - I found a clip on U-Tube and it's through the square window!!  See you tomorrow!



14 comments:

Sue - said...

Very clever card and I remember watching the programme with my boys. I even remember that presenter!

Loll said...

Hi Deborah. Your window card is so beautiful. The snowflakes are so pretty and perfectly matched with the elegant, silver frame for your window. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday and ATCAS. Loll

stampwithsandy said...

Oh wow, Deborah! What a stunning creation! Love the fabric window layered over the big snowflake inside and that fabulous window frame. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

Pauline said...

Such a pretty card Deborah! I used to watch this programme too, I always wanted a humpty toy! And a Jemima doll too, what was the teddy called? Those were the days!

Marcia Hill said...

Very pretty and love your whole window frame idea...really nice! :0)

Deepti said...

The snowflakes on the acetate give just the right touch :) very beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS!!

Benzi said...

Your square window card is so pretty and lovely snowflakes, too. Love that embossed sentiment.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A very elegant Christmas card Deborah - the snowy square window is a fabulous take on the transparent theme. Thank you for sharing with us at ATCAS - Sylvia xx

PS:I do remember Play School very well - the children loved it!

Karren said...

Stunning, card! This is so rich-looking and elegant. Fantastic job combining challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Deborah, the window looks lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful window, Deborah! I love that big snowflake and the pretty smaller snowflakes on the window! You did a wonderful job of photographing it too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Nancy Penir said...

Enchanting! Beautiful window scene!

Lesley said...

This is absolutely stunning, Deborah! I love the silvery frame and the embossed sentiment. I never think to emboss! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Anonymous said...

Well that certainly took me back to my childhood ! gorgeous card , beautiful both inside and out. Thanks so much for sharing with us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...