Sunday 13 October 2013

The places you will go ....

.... Hello, I hope you're enjoying your weekend.  After a foggy start yesterday morning, the day turned out to be beautiful.  I managed to get Mum's birthday card posted and pick up Kathryn.  I had planned on spending yesterday with Kathryn, but she had a better offer from one of her friends; the upside is that I had all day to play.  So I've a card to share with you - one for my lovely boy, Ben, back in the UK:


Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Ocean Bound, Safe Harbour Sentiments
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Tempting Turquoise; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versamark
Dies: Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #3, Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax #3
Accessories:  SU Card - Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight; White Lustre Card; Couture Creations EF - World Map; SU Marker Pen - Tangerine Tango; Clear Embossing Powder; String

I used a few challenges to make this card:

I've gone for a nautical theme on this card with a world map embossed on the card base and a sailing ship suggesting travel.  As you know I like to send Ben cards regularly to keep in touch (and remind him that we still exist!!) and sometimes to just inspire.  I think the sentiment on the banner is perfect as Ben has his whole life ahead of him and so much to do and see, and the verse inside echoes that feeling.  I die cut the flag banner, stamped the sentiment on the longer banner and attached them to the card.  I stamped the anchor onto white card, embossed with clear powder and cut it out.  I cut a little hole in the top and attached the rope (home made) and adhered it to the card with dimensional tape.  The ship was stamped onto white card, heat embossed, cut out and then I added just a touch of colour to suggest the sea and sky.  For the inside I made a made in yellow, stamped a verse and another ship image.  I edged the white panel with a marker for a bit more definition.  I did have to adapt the colours a bit as I don't have Dusty Durango - I used Tangerine Tango instead.


It's been really nice to have so much time in my craft room lately.  Kathryn has some school work today and I'll get a bit more time to play today before Jonathan gets back from San Francisco.  He's been travelling a bit recently Arizona the week before last and California last week - he should be home for a while now, which is good as I've missed him!  Bye for now!

12 comments:

~amy~ said...

This is wonderful...I'm such a fan of the nautical trend!

Thanks for joining us at Seize the Sketch!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous cards Deb. Especially love the first one with the dry embossed background and the blue anchor image.

Bev said...

A great card for the travelling man in your life. Thanks for joining in at The Male Room. Bev :)

Rocky said...

The front of your card is gorgeous, I love the embossed background, but that sentiment inside is priceless! Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards with the nautical theme! Love the embossed background on the first card and fab ship image on the second! Well done...wonderful cards!

Maria said...

Oops that was the inside of the card! Well, it would be perfect for another card. That's just how lovely it is!:-) A wonderful card inside and out!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific nautical card Deborah!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

Rose said...

awesome card!! love the EF you used :)Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

Deepti said...

This is awesome :) love the embossing

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Deborah, beautiful embossed background and all the extra's including an inside sentiment. Your boy will love it. thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

Louise van Vuren said...

Fantastic card for out Transport/travel theme challenge at The Male Room. Love the embossed background and the sentiment is just awesome. Thanks for playing along

Louise xx

Jacqueline said...

A great card, love the clean and simple simple style - very elegant - thanks for joining us in The Male Room this week - Jacqueline xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...