Monday 21 October 2013

Tags and bags ...

... Hello all!  It's a bit dull, damp and grey here today - perfect for staying indoors.  This morning I got some household cleaning done, some work on financial stuff (I hate taxes!) and this afternoon I managed to get half an hour in my craft room.  I've made a little gift bag and tag:


Stamps: CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Exclamations, Zigs & Zags; Waltzingmouse - Rescue Remedies Additions
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Rose Red, Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette
Dies: PTI - Tage Sale #3
Accessories:  Gift Bag (Michael's); SU Card - Pink Pirouette; SU DP - Rose Red; Ribbons



It's always useful to have little gift bags and tags on hand; that's the theme over at CAS-ual Fridays - CFC118 to make a CAS gift bag and tag!  I've not made the bag for anything specific, but it is a bit feminine, I'm sure it'll find a home soon.  I used the colours from the current CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#47 - really pretty colours. 

I got the bag from Michael's, it's only 4" × 5¼" ×2" - so quite small.  I added chevrons to the bottom of the bag and stamped some exclamation stars all over the bag, you can't really see the pale pink ones of the photo, but you can in real life.  I die cut the tag, stamped the stars and added a very simple greeting - Enjoy!  I finished the tag with some ribbons.  The closure tab is simply a 2½" piece of card folded in half, with a slot cut out for the handles.  Easy peasy!

Before I go I'd like to say a public thank you to everyone who has left such lovely comments over the last couple of weeks - I really do appreciate them all.  And one more thing - Hello and Welcome to Sandie and Gillian - my two latest followers!  So pleased you joined me.  That's it for now!  See you soon.

8 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Love your gorgeous little gift bag Deborah...pretty colours

Anne

Peanut said...

Love how you've dressed up the bag. You're right, there are very handy to have for the holidays. Note to self: be as organised as Deborah!
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Patricia Hays said...

Deborah, it's an adorable bag! I'm really glad you were inspired by our CAS - Colours and Sketches challenge colors.
Unfortunately, I have to remind you that our challenge rules do state "You must create a Clean and Simple styled card - sorry, but no scrapbook pages, tags, 3D projects, etc." So this project won't be eligible for our top honors voting. If you have the time to create a CAS card with these colors before our challenge deadline, we'd enjoy having you share it with us.

karen h said...

Awesome creation; I love the retro feel with chevrons and asterisks. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Jacqueline said...

A lovely CAS project - thanks for joining in with us this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

Alice said...

so beautiful! love the stamping on this! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Wida said...

pink and kraft are so cute together! Love that PTI tag, it's so versatile! you did great with the whole presentation. super cute and delicious display! thanks for playing CFC!

Jocelyn Olson said...

The stamping is fantastic! I love seeing the mix of colors. It's such a pretty bag and tag! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...