Saturday 12 October 2013

Birthday bouquet ...

... Hi!  As I type this message, I'm watching fog roll in around the house - distinctly chilly this morning!  But I've a bright, cheerful birthday card to share with you which should blow away the fog!!


Stamps: WPlus 9 Designs - Fresh Cut Florals, Basic Banner; WMS - Simple Sprig; PTI - Stylish Sentiments: Birthdays
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Crushed Curry
Dies:  WPlus 9 Designs - Fresh Cut Florals, Banner; SU/Sizzix - Holiday Ornaments Framelits
Accessories:  SU Card/DP - Real Red; White Hemp Embossed Card; White Lustre Card

This is my Mum's birthday card - she has her birthday next Friday 18th October, and I'm safe to share it here as Mum is totally computer phobic!!  I created this wonderful bouquet of flowers using the stamps and dies that Tara gave me - thanks!!  They are so, so easy to use.  I made the vase from a die cut Christmas ornament - I simply cut off the bottom!  For the inside I carried over the floral theme with branches of roses and a special sentiment.  I'm hoping that this will get to Mum on time, but I really should have posted it earlier!!


I used a couple of challenges in the making of this card:


From the MUSE card I took the idea of a bouquet of flowers and I used the lovely colours from, the new to me, Monday Mood Board Challenge.

I'm off to post the card now and then pick up Kathryn - she was at a friend's Halloween party and sleepover last night!  See you soon.


19 comments:

Ardyth said...

So pretty - I love the look of the layered stamping! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Deborah!

Stamps and Paper said...

Debs this is so pretty...I am sure your mum will love it

Anne

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful card for your mum Deborah! I just love that stamp set with the dies - They create such beautiful bouquets! We're cloudy and misting here in MA today as well!

Karen M said...

I love your card - all those beautiful flowers look wonderful and I am sure you mum will love it:) Hugs xx

Charmaine Stack said...

I adore this card and its oh so happy colours!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh, I love those sweet flowers and your choice of colors is so beautiful, what a sweet birthday card that anyone would love to receive.

lostinpaper said...

Your mother is just going to adore this card, it's so so beautiful Deborah!

Kim Hall said...

I just love this pretty bunch of flowers!!

Gillian R said...

Beautiful cards

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous cards!!! :)

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous bouquet for your mom. Bet it was fun to make!

Tara Cardwell said...

Told you they were fun to stamp! You made a stunning card with them and the die cut orno-vase is genius!
Tara x

Kailash said...

Your muse card is absolutely gorgeous, such a beautful design!!

Bev said...

A very pretty card, I'm sure your Mum will love it. Bev :)

Maria said...

So pretty inside and out! Love all the little colorful flowers!

Deepti said...

This is so very pretty :)

Paula S. said...

Beautiful colors and composition too. I just ordered this stamp set and seeing this makes me so eager for it to arrive. :) Nice work on the Muse Challenge!

Neets B said...

Such a beautiful bouquet and a really clever idea to create the vase! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, Deborah ... wonderful layering of those gorgeous blooms! Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...