Thursday 31 October 2013

Hugs & Kisses .....

... Hello everyone!  I had a super time last night - got to spend the whole evening in my craft room; Jonathan was out at a photo shoot so I made a few cards and tidied my space!!

Hugs & Kisses - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: My Favourite Things - First Class Friend; Amy Tangerine - Aspire
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories:  SU Card - Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride; Tim Holtz - Washi Tape; White Lustre Card

I've used a couple of challenges in the making of this card:

I really struggled to get past the challenge graphic for CTS this week - but in the end the little postmark bit led me to First Class Friends - and a card for my Mum.  I used some of my washi tape on the card, picking the bit that said "journey" - our trip to the US has been a big journey for the whole family.  And like Ben, I often send my Mum cards, just because.  I stamped the chevron image in the lightest colour to allow the words and popped up ampersand to shine.  I used Baked Brown Sugar as I don't have Close to Cocoa.  The inside has a mat in pink and a simple sentiment - Mum is always in my heart!

Hugs and Kisses - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

My Mum keeps all the cards I send her - when I was in the UK in the summer, I saw that she has them all on her cabinet.  She says that it's a way to be close to me!  I love her!  And I believe Ben keeps all my cards too - although I suspect they might be in a box!!  That's all for now.  I'm off to do some cleaning today - I've a special visitor coming tomorrow!!  Will tell you later :)

Oh yes, before I go - have a super Halloween!

14 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I had to dab at my eyes with a tissue when I read this Deborah! It is lovely to receive something handmade in the post that tells you that someone you love is thinking about you. Your card is probably my new favourite one of yours - I love the colours, the graphic-ness of it and the way everything overlaps and is positioned perfectly! Vicky x

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such a great card, Deb. Some of my favorite times are when I'm home alone...just me and my craft room. Looks like the time spent was well worth it!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love this gorgeous CAS design! A great use of the throwdown colors!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet...sweet...sweet!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is wonderful!

Pauline said...

Fab card Deb! So nice to know your efforts are appreciated - my husbands grandparents keep all my cards on their unit too, so touching.
Enjoy your special visitor tomorrow ;-)

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely CAS card Deborah...

Anne

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and sentiment for your mum, bet she'll be blabbing when she receives this! There you go with those inks again, Brown Sugar and Cherry Cobbler! I think I need some more breakfast, lol!

Hugs
Brenda

Melody said...

Love the elements you put together on your card and perfect for this Color Throwdown Colors.

Jane said...

Love this card and the stamps you've used. Think it's a brilliant take on the CTS challenge, really eye catching.

Betty said...

What a cool card. Love your details. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful CAS design...it's sooo wonderful and trendy!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Lori said...

Fabulous collage style design--love it! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Broni said...

What an awesome card, Deborah! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...