Saturday 5 October 2013

Teal snowflakes .....

.... Morning all!  It's the first Saturday of October and here in Michigan we're having an Indian summer - not exactly conducive to making Christmas cards, but that's why we have challenges!!!  This month's challenges at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown are being hosted by Danielle and her sketch is really super - lots of scope here.  This is my card:


Stamps: Stampin' Up - Festive Flurry, Sassy Salutations, More Merry Messages
Inks: SU - Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo; Versamark
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Framelits Festive Flurry
Accessories:  SU Card - Island Indigo; SU DP - Winter Frost Speciality; Cuttlebug EF - Christmas Stars; White Embossing Powder; Piccolo - Pure Sparkle Silver Glitter; White Lustre Card


I love snowflakes on Christmas cards and this SU set is just fab, so nice to have the co-ordinating dies too.  Initially I was going to make this card in shades of blue, but I remembered that I had the Winter Frost paper and that included all the shades of teal.  I made the base from Island Indigo.  I cut the design paper to 2¼" square and the white card to 2" square.  I embossed the white squares with the little Christmas stars.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to position the sentiment stamped it in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder.  I stamped the largest of the snowflake stamps in Pool Party and the second smallest in Coastal Cabana (second generation image) and die cut them both.  On the smaller snowflake I added a touch of glitter to the central star.  For the inside I cut a panel of white card, randomly stamped the smaller snowflake and finished off with a sweet verse.


As there are a few stars on this card, I'm submitting it to the current Festive Friday Challenge - FFC18 to feature a star.  I haven't played along with this challenge for ages, then I make two cards in two days!!

Now that I've made this card, I think I may make a couple more - I'm going to do the one in shades of blue, but I think it will work in greens and pinks too!  Don't forget to visit the blog and check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the Team.


It's World Card Making Day today - what are you planning to do?  I'm going to a craft class at my local shop - Stampeddlar - we're going to be making some little (can't really call them cute) Apothecary Halloween bottles.  I'll post pictures later this week.  Jonathan has been in Phoenix all week - and today is his last full day - he'll be taking lots of photos.

That's all for now.  See you soon.

7 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Debs and just love your gorgeous snowflake and embossed background

Anne

Renee said...

Love those gorgeous flakes!
And such a fun color take with them too! :)

Mynn xx said...

This is SO pretty, Deb! LOVE the star embossing folder--fabulous! The glittery center is great, too! HUGS and have a great week!!! :) Mynn xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way you incorporated lots of texture and pattern in your card Deborah but in a lovely subtle way. Vicky x

Louise van Vuren said...

I absolutely love the colour here- teal is one of my fave colours and that snowflake is amazing - there's so much texture and interest. Stunning card!

Louise xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my, my, my do I ever love that gorgeous blue snowflake (I just got my set in the mail last week). Absolutely fabulous card Deborah!! Hugs D

Ruth M said...

Deborah, I LOVE this card - it ticks all the boxes for me - and then some! I love snowflakes on cards too! The teal colours and texture are fabulous and the bold sentiment pops wonderfully! Fab inside too! Ruth x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...