Tuesday 31 March 2020

Marbled Birthday ....

... Morning! I'm sharing another birthday card today - this was totally inspired by the photo and sketch on the current Fusion challenge - FUSION#0620:


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Greetings, Peite Patisserie; Concord & 9th - Marbled Turnabout
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Black Amalgam; Memento - Summer Sky; Stampin' Up! - Smoky Slate; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Dies: Lil Inkers - Long & Skinny Rectangles
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm also playing along with Seize the Birthday - STB#186 where it's either Anything Goes or for the kids, I've gone for AG.


The inspiration photo shows a lovely tiered cake with pretty marbled hexagons. I decided to concentrate on the marbling and used my MISTI and the turnabout stamp to echo the colours in the picture. I die cut some strips of white card and on the longer portions stamped some gold tiered cakes - picking up on the gold in the picture. I added a simple, bold greeting. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of grey card and had fun on the white panel by adding a fun sentiment and lots of cakes. These are the best cakes for me as they are entirely visual!!


That's all from me for today. The sun has come out and I'm off for my daily walk. See you tomorrow.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

This is a wonderful and creative take on the Fusion Challenge. Thanks for joining us this week! -Laurie DT

Glenda J said...

What a gorgeous background - love the colours you chose for the marble! Terrific layout too. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...