Saturday 28 March 2020

MM - Idle Hands .....

... Hi! When we came home to North Wales in October 2018, we were living, temporarily, in Chester. On one of our shopping trips we past an art gallery where they were about to host a show for Todd White. In the window was a painting called "Idle Hands" and I feel in love with it. Now, in the past I've seen other canvases that I've really liked, but this was the first one that I felt I had to have. I went in and just looked at the picture and then I headed off and mentioned it to Jonathan. He simply said - go buy it!! So I did!! The picture had to stay at the gallery until we were able to move back into our house. And now, "Idle Hands" hangs on the wall and I see it everyday and it fills my heart with joy. I was lucky enough to attend his show and meet Todd - he's a fab guy and signed the book I bought.  I made this spread to celebrate my lovely new picture:


Stamps: Dylusions - Dependable Dotty, Around the Edge, Bordering on the Edge, Anatomy of a Page, Three Little Maids
Inks: Dylusions Inks - Crushed Grape, London Blue, Dirty Martini, Squeezed Orange, Tangerine Dream, Postbox Red, Bubblegum Pink, Lemon Zest, Cut Grass, Fresh Lime
Accessories: Dylusion Large Journal; Ranger Archival Ink; Brochure for Todd White Show; Skull from Todd White Carrier Bag

I have several of Dyan's journals with lots of backgrounds started - this one was started while living in the States. I picked this background and added a simple border, along with some shadow stamping using Dylusion stamps. In the catalogue was a section of 'my' picture which I cut out, mounted on black card and adhered to the page. I then cut out some images, coloured them with Dylusions inks an added them to the page. I finished by cutting out the large 'day of the dead' skull from the carrier bag, added some colour and glued it down. Here are a couple of close-up shots of each page:


I'm submitting this spread to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#44 where it's anything goes, and to More Mixed Media Challenge - MMMC#03 where it's anything goes with the option of green.


Before I go, I took a photo of my picture to show where it hangs in the house. I know the picture is called "Idle Hands", but I call her Sally as she reminds me a bit of the character from The Nightmare Before Christmas.


I am so lucky to have this picture - I see something new in it everytime I go by. That's all for today. Wherever you are, keep safe.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a great way to document such a treat! Love all the details you have attended to in your layout. Congrats on your art score! Thanks so much for playing with us at Love to Craft Challenge #44! XXO, Aimeslee DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...