Sunday 29 March 2020

Make Tea ....

... Good afternoon! I hope your morning has been going well. I've been out for my walk - I'm up to 2½ miles now, it's lovely to hear the birds sing. Since being home, I've been in my office sorting things out, listening to music and making a card:


Stamps: Uniko - I Love Tea; Waltzingmouse Stamps - Afternoon Tea, Afternoon Tea Sentiments
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Black Amalgam, Soft Stone; Memento - Angel Pink, Lulu Lavender
Accessories: White Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Highland Heather; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Uniko Stencils - Broken Lines, Scattered Polka Dots

I've made this card for several challenges - CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#363 - I turned the sketch, CASology - CAS#364 where the theme is Tea, Colour Throwdown - CTD#585, and Uniko Challenge - USC#58 to use spots and stripes.




I don't drink tea myself, but I do know many people who do, and I've got lots of tea stamps, so I had to play along with CASology. I stamped the teacup outline image and used two stencils to add some colour to the cup. I restamped the image in Versafine and heat embossed with clear powder. I added the lovely flower image from I Love Tea and heat embossed that too. I then fussy cut the image and coloured the opening - it's tea afterall! I made the card base from purple card. I cut a white panel smaller than the front onto which I stamped a sentiment which I think is very appropriate for our current strange time. I adhered the teacup above the sentiment and then stamped some steam curls. On the inside, I cut another white panel and added a couple of teacups along with another sentiment. I've left space for my own message.


Well, we've reached the end of our first week having to stay in the house. I suspect that many of us have been catching up with jobs that we've been putting off. I did the shed last week, and next week I'm tackling the utility cupboard. There is a strange feeling in the village - the main road through our village is so much quieter, I don't really hear planes, just birdsong and dogs. Oh yes, there's also the sound of children playing in their gardens. It's a tough time for us all - be safe. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lovely card. The sentiment is great - I have several friends for whom this would be perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Such a pretty card. The tea filled cup looks so warm and inviting. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CC&S

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a beautiful idea and the perfect image to include for a spots and stripes challenge. It's great to see you join in Debs and hope you're keeping safe and well.
Thanks for playing along at Uniko this month.

Hannelie said...

I love how you have decorated the cup with dots and stripes Deborah ! A beautiful CAS design!
Thanks for joining us at Uniko !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...