Thursday 12 March 2020

Beautiful Ride ...

... Morning! This morning I'm sharing a card for CASology - CAS#363 - I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw the prompt and this is my card:


Stamps: Stampers Anonymous - Cityscapes
Inks: Distress Oxide - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot; Versamark; Gina K - Black Onyx; Memento - Grey Flannel
Accessories: White Card; White Embossing Powder; Dylusions Shimmer Spray - White Linen


I stamped the cityscape directly on the card in Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. I masked off the bottom of the card and then happily created a sunset sky complete with stars. I finished the front with a simple sentiment. On the inside, I simply added a bit of the cityscape stamp and some words.


Of course, once I'd finished the card I realised that perhaps it might not be considered clean and simple.  It has only got one focal image, but perhaps the inked sky might disqualify the card. Nevermind, I'm still going to submit it to the challenge as I'm so pleased how well the sky came out. That's all for now.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

karen h said...

Gorgeous card! I really need to get my oxides out and play with them - thank you for the inspiration! Thank you, also, for joining us at CASology!

Jen W. said...

Your sky is absolutely gorgeous, Deborah! I struggle with creating sunsets but you nailed it. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous inky background for this skyline! So glad you joined us at CASology!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...